Full Day Tour of Montevideo from Buenos Aires with Lunch & Roundtrip Ferry Ride
Take a trip to Montevideo by ferry for a full day guided city tour. See the Plaza Libertad, Estadio Centenario & other landmarks. Enjoy free time to shop and explore before returning to Buenos Aires.
- Any cancellations made after the booking confirmation date will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
|Adult/Child (Age 2 & up)||$384|
|Infant (Age 0-1)||$68|
- Bilingual guide
- Same-day roundtrip ferry tickets
- 15 (hrs)
- Children of all ages can participate in this activity.
- This activity is wheelchair accessible.
- Gratuity is not included in the price.
- Drinks are available for purchase.
- The activity provider does not assume any responsibility for your valuables and/or personal belongings.
- The activity schedule is subject to change or cancellation due to weather or traffic conditions.
- You must have a printed copy of your VELTRA voucher to present upon check-in. You will not be able to participate in this activity if you only have a digital copy on your mobile device.
- Be sure to exchange your VELTRA voucher for a ticket at the check-in location.
- Ferry tickets are not refundable.
- Time in Uruguay is ahead by 1 hour from the time in Argentina from October to March.
- Depending on who is in your group, your tour guide may conduct the activity in English or in Spanish.
Dressing & Items to Bring
- Walking shoes
- Comfortable clothing
- Printed VELTRA voucher
- Sweatshirt / light jacket
Requirement(s) - other
- Please call the activity provider 48 hours before your activity to reconfirm your booking. Your voucher has the necessary contact information listed.
- Please check visa requirements to enter/leave Argentina and enter/leave Uruguay.
- Please redeem your city tour voucher at Buquebus check-in counter.
- Please redeem your lunch vouchers at El Fogon Restaurant.
|Full Day Tour of Montevideo from Buenos Aires with Lunch & Roundtrip Ferry Ride|
Check-in at the Ferry Terminal of Buenos Aires
Ferry Ride to Montevideo
Montevideo City Tour
Visit Plaza Independencia which separates downtown Montevideo from the Old Town. Here you can find the Metropolitan Cathedral, Plaza Libertad and the Intendencia Departmental de Montevideo.
Lunch at El Fogon Restaurant
Have a hearty meal at one of the best grills in Montevideo. Choice of meat, seafood and pasta are available with a wide selection of domestic and imported wines. Drinks are not included in the price.
Legislative Palace of Montevideo
See the Legislative Palace of Montevideo, which has been declared as a National Monument. Strike a pose in front of the impressive architecture of Diligence Monument and the Rosedal. Do not miss taking pictures of the Battle Monument, dedicated to the president.
Explore the 1930 FIFA World cup stadium, the Estadio Centenario and the Carreta Monument. Continue the tour to the most expensive district in Montevideo, Avenida Italia, Carrasco before ending your day.
La Rambla Seafront of Montevideo
Head on to La Rambla Seafront, the longest sidewalk in the entire world, spanning over 13 uninterrupted miles. Running along the entire coast of Montevideo, take advantage of the seafront that provides a great view of the ocean.
Enjoy approximately 1-hour of shopping time at the Punta Carretas shopping mall. Take on a retail therapy from its wide array of stores and restaurants.
Return to Buenos Aires
After a day of exploring Montevideo, it is time to return to Buenos Aires on a high-speed ferry. The return ferry leaves at around 19:30 so be at the ferry terminal 1 hour to 30 minutes prior.
Check-out at the Ferry Terminal of Buenos Aires