Rio de Janeiro Santa Teresa Guided Walking Tour with Subway & Tram Rides
Price On Request
Get around Santa Teresa like a local on this half day tour! Ride public transits and mingle with the locals as you explore the city of Rio de Janeiro. Visit Carioca Square & Aqueduct, Lapa District, and the iconic Selaron Staircase.
- Any cancellations made after 09:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
- Round-trip subway ticket
- Tram ride (bus fare if tram is not running)
- Cheese bread tasting
- English-speaking guide
Min/Max Quantity To Book
- Max Qty: 12 (Maximum tickets can be booked)
- 4 (hrs)
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible.
- Guests who will arrive late on the specified tour start times will be left behind and will not be entitled to a refund.
- Children 6 years old and above can participate in this activity.
- The activity schedule is subject to change or cancellation due to weather or traffic conditions.
- Gratuity is not included in the price.
- The tour guide has full discretion to refuse service to customers based on attire, behavior, physical fitness and condition.
- You will be joining a group of maximum twelve (12) people in this tour.
- In lieu of the subway, other transportation might be used for safety reasons whenever necessary. Also, the bus to Santa Teresa will be taken if, for some reason, the tram is not running.
- Drinks and meals are available for purchase.
Dressing & Items to Bring
- Latin Americans can be very conscious of appearance. It is advised to be casual but conservative in your attire. Halter tops and very short shorts should not be worn outside of beach areas. When visiting churches or religious sites, shoulders and knees should be covered.
|Rio de Janeiro Santa Teresa Guided Walking Tour with Subway & Tram Rides|
Check-in at Copacabana Palace Hotel
Subway Ride Downtown
Enjoy mingling with the Santa Teresa locals as you take the subway downtown en route to the first stop of the tour, the town's financial district.
Santa Teresa Financial District
Walk around the financial district of Santa Teresa, home to huge companies such as Petrobras & BNDES. See towering skyscrapers and snap photos of panoramic cityscapes as you wander through the city. Stop by Carioca Square, home to many street vendors and folk artists.
Tram Ride to Santa Teresa
Take a tram ride over Carioca Aqueduct, an impressive colonial architecture located at the heart of Rio de Janeiro. Marvel at the sight of Lapa neighborhood on your way to Santa Teresa, located uphill, with sprawling views of Rio.
Santa Teresa Neighborhood Tour
From Largo dos Guimaraes, embark on a walking tour through the cobbled pavements of the town. Admire the incredible architecture & artistry of Rio such as Ruins Park and more. Delight in the bohemian vibe of the place as you browse through art galleries, restaurants and even local costumes.
Street Bands & Selaron Staircase
Watch many street performances during the carnival at the Lapa District, including the most popular Bloco das Carmelitas band. At the end of the tour, do not miss visiting the most iconic site of Santa Teresa - the Selaron Staircase, a masterpiece famous globally for its unique artistry.
Check-out at Praca Floriano