Beijing Evening Food Tour with Local Snack Samples - Lonely Planet Experience
Price On Request
Go on an evening Beijing street food market tour and get to savor the most delicious treats the downtown scene has to offer! Hop from one stall to another, sample snacks, and navigate through the local market with a foodie guide. Eat your way around the bustling Beijing market and get to sample different sorts of tasty local treats as your foodie guide recommends them to you. Hear stories behind these well-loved goodies and get to interact with fellow market shoppers with your newly learned Chinese vocabulary. Meet culinary masters and listen as they share their tips and tricks for authentic Chinese cooking, and pass by hutong neighborhoods all in a single Beijing evening tour!
- Any cancellations made after 16:30 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
- 5 local snack samples (types of snack vary depending on the season)
- 6 months of free access to Lonely Planet’s Guides App (with 8000 destination guides)
- Exclusive 25% discount to the Lonely Planet store
- English-speaking guide
Min/Max Quantity To Book
- Max Qty: 12 (Maximum tickets can be booked)
- 3 (hrs)
Check In/Pickup Location Details
Please arrive at the check-in location at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled time.
Guloudajie Metro station is an exchange station of Metro Lines 2 and 8. If you take Line 8, you will be able to change within this station to Line 2 and get out at Exit A2.
If you are coming by taxi, please show the Chinese text below to your taxi driver:
(In Chinese) 2号线鼓楼大街地铁站 A2出口(旧鼓楼大街与二环十字路口西北角)
- Children 6 years old and above can participate in this activity.
- During national holidays and on weekends, sights in Beijing can be extremely crowded. If you wish to avoid the busiest times, it is recommended that you visit Beijing outside of these periods or book your tour on a weekday.
- To guarantee a small-group experience, this tour operates with a maximum of 12 participants.
Dressing & Items to Bring
- Walking shoes
|Beijing Evening Food Tour with Local Snack Samples - Lonely Planet Experience|
Check-in at Gulou Dajie Metro Station, Exit A2 of Line 2
Introduce your taste buds to a new set of flavors as you sample locally-loved snacks and other specialties from various parts of China. Learn about the stories behind treats such as spring onion pancakes, Sichuan noodles, donkey meat sandwiches, and mini hotpots.
Brush up on your basic Chinese phrases and get the chance to meet noodle and tofu culinary masters as you traverse around one of the biggest produce markets in the Beijing center. Join locals on their daily shopping and visit multi-generational vendors who make the lively market what it is.
Check-out at Old Gulou Dajie Area