Louvre Museum Masterpieces Skip-the-Line Guided Group Tour
Price On Request
Explore the world's most famous museum on this skip the line access tour. Learn about the Louvre's masterpieces in more depth as a guide explains the mysteries behind these brilliant creations.
- Any cancellations made after 09:45 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
- Use of headsets
- English-speaking guide
Min/Max Quantity To Book
- Max Qty: 25 (Maximum tickets can be booked)
- 09:45, 11:30, 14:30, 18:30
- 3 (hrs)
Check In/Pickup Location Details
Your guide will meet at the Arc du Carrousel. This is a monumental arch with a horse-drawn chariot on top, situated across the road from the courtyard of the Louvre. Standing with your back to the entrance of the Louvre Museum and Pyramid, you will see it across the road, past the roundabout, before the entrance to the Tuileries Garden (Jardin du Tuileries).
Arriving by metro: Take metro lines 1 or 4 and get off at the metro stop Palais Royal Musee du Louvre. Take the exit marked rue de Rivoli. Cross the rue de Rivoli into the Louvre courtyard and you will see the arch.
Arriving by taxi: ask to be dropped off at the Arc du Carrousel du Louvre. Your taxi should be able to stop just in front.
Arriving by foot: Walk into the centre of the Louvre courtyard where the glass pyramid is. With your back to the pyramid you will see the arch in the gardens in front of the Louvre.
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible.
- Non-flash photography is permitted in the Louvre Museum.
- The activity schedule is subject to change or cancellation due to weather or traffic conditions.
- The activity provider does not assume any responsibility for your valuables and/or personal belongings.
- Groups are never larger than twenty-five (25) people in this guided tour.
- Due to increased security measures at many attractions some lines may form on tours with 'Skip the Line' access.
- Please arrive at your check-in location 15 minutes prior to the start time.
- Please note that the Apollo Gallery is closed until the end of December 2019, which means that the Crown Jewel collection will not be viewable until then. Your guide will make sure to include other highlights to the itinerary.
- Please note that due to renovation work carried on inside the Louvre until mid-October 2019, the tour guide might not be able to cover some artworks.
Dressing & Items to Bring
- Walking shoes
|Louvre Museum Masterpieces Skip-the-Line Guided Group Tour|
Check-in at the Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel du Louvre
Guided Tour of the Louvre Museum
Admire the medieval foundations of this ancient royal residence and appreciate the magnificent painted ceilings of the Apollo Gallery, which houses the royal crowns of Napoleon and King Louis XV. Be amazed at the Great Sphinx of Tanis, an Egyptian statue representing a lion with a human head.
Museum’s Most Famous Works
Marvel at love set in stone in Canova’s Psyche Revived by Cupid’s Kiss. Be inspired by Michelangelo’s Slaves sculptures and ignite the passion within you through Gericault’s Raft of the Medusa. Don't miss the chance to discover what makes da Vinci’s Mona Lisa the most enigmatic portrait of all time.
Tour Ends Inside the Louvre