Delhi Food Discovery with Rickshaw Ride - Lonely Planet Experience
Price On Request
Embark on a culinary quest to sample the most flavourful eats at Kamla Nagar in Delhi. Join your guide as you explore the bustling Delhi market scene aboard a traditional rickshaw ride and spot local favorites such as Shawarma and Kulfifalooda. Go on a unique Lonely Planet food experience, scouring the ever-lively streets of Delhi on the look-out for the best food finds the Indian cuisine has to offer! Go beyond the typical curry and shawarma as you uncover the country's extensive culinary profile with your helpful and knowledgeable guide to accompany you. A traditional rickshaw ride around town is sure to complete the immersive market day out adventure.
- Any cancellations made after 16:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
- Rickshaw Ride
- Snacks (refer to the details in the schedule)
- 6 months of free access to Lonely Planet’s Guides App (with 8000 destination guides)
- Exclusive 25% discount to the Lonely Planet store
- English-speaking guide
Min/Max Quantity To Book
- Max Qty: 12 (Maximum tickets can be booked)
- 3 (hrs)
Check In/Pickup Location Details
Please arrive at the check-in location at least 15 minutes prior to the departure time.
- The food provided on this tour is a mix of vegetarian and non-vegetarian food. Should you wish to only have vegetarian food, simply inform your guide at the beginning of the tour.
- To guarantee small group experience, this tour will be limited to a maximum of 12 guests.
Dressing & Items to Bring
- Clothing that covers from the shoulder to knee
|Delhi Food Discovery with Rickshaw Ride - Lonely Planet Experience|
Check-in at Vishwavidyalaya Metro Station Gate No. 4 (Yellow Line)
Jumpstart your experience with cycle rickshaw ride, a local mode of transportation in Delhi. Pass by the city's colleges and universities, and discover the ancient Hanuman Temple. The temple honors the Monkey God and is claimed to be one of the five temples of Mahabharata days.
Local Food Favorites
Watch as shawarma(kebab) is prepared on the spot on your visit to the first stall. Then, head to a college town eatery where you can enjoy a refreshing glass of non-alcoholic fruit beer. Pair it with momos (dumplings) and banta, a citrusy soft drink fit for the hot weather.
Kamla Nagar Market
Continue to Kamla Nagar Market, a spot popular to fellow foodies and photographers. Sample several local delicacies such as golgappas, and the bhelpuri from a nominee of the Street Food 50 award by Urban Adventures.
Local Markets and Sweets Shop
Wander around nearby markets to sample some pav bhajji (crispy potatoes) and kulfifalooda, one of the best homemade ice creams in Delhi! See works of a local henna shop en route to find purchase in some sweets. Enjoy a dessert of fresh samosa, gulab jamun, and jalebi.
Check-out at Vishwavidyalaya Metro Station