Assisi and Cortona Day Trip from Florence with Basilica of St. Francis Visit
Price On Request
Make your way to Assisi, one of the region's most popular UNESCO World Heritage sites. See the Basilica of St. Francis, Santa Chiara and more. Cap it off with a visit to the Tuscan countryside and explore charming Cortona.
- Any cancellations made after 08:15 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
- Guide in Assisi
- Entrance to Basilica of St. Francis, Basilica Santa Chiara and Basilica Santa Maria degli Angeli
- Transportation fee
- English-speaking assistant
- 11 (hrs)
Check In/Pickup Location Details
Due to works in progress to build Florence Tramway, the tourist Buses Terminals have been moved from the Station Square to an adjacent area of Piazzale Montelungo.
Follow these instructions to find the meeting point:
1. Get inside of the trains station using one of the three entrances
2. Find platform 16 and walk along it
3. Keep walking until you find a ramp on the right
4. Pass the covered area and walk along the ramp
5. Find your tour guide in front of a yellow Caf Tours/Gray Line street sign
For detailed instructions how to find the meeting point, please check the pdf file below.
- If less than 2 participants are booked, the activity may not operate.
- The activity schedule is subject to change or cancellation due to weather or traffic conditions.
- Please note that tours in English are always guaranteed. Local guide service in Spanish will operate with a minimum of 2 people. Italian, French and German guide will operate with a minimum of 4 people.
- Please note that the order of the visits may change.
Dressing & Items to Bring
- Appropriate clothing is required for entry into places of worship. Knees, shoulders and backs must be covered.
- Walking shoes
Requirement(s) - other
- Please call the activity provider the day before to reconfirm your booking. Your voucher has the necessary contact information listed.
|Assisi and Cortona Day Trip from Florence with Basilica of St. Francis Visit|
Check-in at Piazzale Montelungo
Depart from Florence
Proceed towards the lovely places where the patron saint of Italy, St. Francis of Assisi lived, worked and died.
This UNESCO World Heritage Site is home to several exquisite medieval architectures like the Basilica of St. Francis, one of the most significant places of Christian pilgrimage in the country, and the Basilica of Santa Chiara where the crucifix that is believed to have spoken to St. Francis is kept.
Santa Maria degli Angeli
Built around the "Porziuncola" where St. Francis is believed to have founded the Order of the Minor Friars, the Basilica of Santa Maria degli Angeli is nestled at the feet of the lush hills of Assisi. Get to know the story of this holy site as your guide gives you insight into its history.
Be greeted by rolling hills and postcard-worthy views as you make your way through the famed Tuscan countryside. Made famous by the film "Under the Tuscan Sun", the quaint town of Cortona boasts scenery that has drawn tourists from all over the world.
Tuscany to Florence
Check-out at Piazzale Montelungo