Cinque Terre and Porto Venere Day Tour from Florence with Gulf of Poets Cruise
Price On Request
Get a taste of the Italian Riviera as you visit La Spezia and Cinque Terre from Florence! Discover the Cinque Terre with visits to Monterosso and Manarola. Stop by the quaint town of Porto Venere and take a cruise on the Gulf of Poets at La Spezia.
- Any cancellations made after 07:15 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
- Ferry Tickets
- Optional light hike with guide
- Use of audio headsets
- Transportation fee
- Train fare
- Cruise fee
- English-speaking guide
Min/Max Quantity To Book
- Max Qty: 25 (Maximum tickets can be booked)
- 13 (hrs)
Check In/Pickup Location Details
The meeting point is at Piazza dell'Unita Italiana in front of the Hotel Baglioni, next to the obelisk in the middle of the square. The piazza is very close to the Santa Maria Novella train station.
Look for staff wearing a blue polo shirt or jacket, who will check you in.
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible.
- Please note that itinerary might be adjusted according to weather and transport conditions.
- In case of bad weather conditions, the boat might not be able to sail. On such occasions, the itinerary will be different. There will be no visit to Porto Venere (since it is only reachable by boat) but will include another one of the villages in Cinque Terre instead.
- Meals are not included in the price.
- The activity schedule is subject to change or cancellation due to weather or traffic conditions.
- Please note that the boat journey of the Cinque Terre might occasionally be affected by adverse weather and sea conditions. If you are sensitive to seasickness, please take any necessary precautions before your journey.
|Cinque Terre and Porto Venere Day Tour from Florence with Gulf of Poets Cruise|
Meet Your Guide at Piazza dell'Unita Italiana
Bus Ride from Florence to La Spezia
The tour sets off for La Spezia from Florence aboard a private coach. Listen to your guide's commentary on the history and traditions and culture of the spots of Tuscany and Liguria as you pass them by on your journey.
Gulf of the Poets Boat Cruise
Upon arrival at La Spezia, a cruise on the Gulf of Poets (also known as the Gulf of La Spezia) takes you to the seaside town of Porto Venere. Admire the coastline dotted with pastel-colored houses and dramatic rocky outcrops—a view which has inspired writers like Lord Byron and Shelley.
Explore the beautiful town of Porto Venere, considered to be among the most attractive spots in the Italian Riviera. See fishermen's boats docked by the beach, stroll through the ruins of Doria Castle or take snapshots of the brightly-colored homes and churches.
Cinque Terre Cruise
Take a scenic cruise along the Ligurian coast to Cinque Terre. Gaze at the lush green hills that suddenly drop into cliffs and the sparkling sea. Pass little fishing boats as you approach the bright port of Monterosso.
Monterosso is the largest town in Cinque Terre and is an ideal spot to try some local delicacies like mussels cooked in white wine or 'farinata'. Here you can either explore on your own, join a short hike to the Capuchin Monastery, overlooking terraced vineyards and the ocean or even hit the beach!
End your day trip to the Cinque Terre on a high note as you board the local train to Manarola. Explore this colorful village surrounded by grapevines and medieval relics and make sure to have a glass of Sciacchetra, the renowned Cinque Terre wine, as you watch the sun go down over the water.
Return to Florence
Tour Ends at Piazza dell'Unita Italiana