Florence Walking Tour in the Footsteps of the Medici Family
Price On Request
Follow the footsteps of the Medici family and go back in time to the Italian Renaissance! Discover city's rich historical and cultural heritage on a walking tour of Florence's top attractions. Roam the streets of Florence and learn more about its history during the Italian Renaissance under the powerful Medici family. Explore the UNESCO World Heritage site and marvel at its cathedrals, buildings and town squares. Witness the architectural revolution of Florence and get a glimpse of the day-to-day lives of its locals.
- Any cancellations made after 10:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
- Gelato (during summer)
- Espresso or cappuccino (during winter only)
- English-speaking guide
Min/Max Quantity To Book
- Min Qty: 1 & Max Qty: 25
- 10:00, 15:00
- 2 (hrs)
- Children of all ages can participate in this activity.
- This activity operates regardless of weather.
- The tour is conducted in English only.
- Please note that visit inside the monuments and museums are not included in the tour.
Dressing & Items to Bring
- Walking shoes
- Comfortable clothing
Requirement(s) - other
- Children below 18 year old must always be accompanied by at least one full-paying adult.
- Please indicate upon booking if you require special or impaired mobility assistance.
|Footsteps of the Medici Family Walking Tour (from March 2020)|
Check-in at Florencetown Tours and News Stand
Start of Tour
House of Medici
Hear the story of the House of Medici, a family that rose to prominence and power during the 14th and 15th century after bringing in a new era of art, science, architecture and culture that became known as the Italian Renaissance.
Top Sights in Florence
Visit sites such as the Piazza della Signoria, Palazzo Vecchio, the Florence Duomo, Baptistery and the ‘Gates of Paradise’, Brunelleschi’s Dome, Santa Trinita and Orsanmichele Church and more as the excursion progresses.
Gelato (summer) or Espresso/Cappuccino (winter)
A trip to Italy is incomplete without a taste of their iconic dessert—gelato! During your walk, you will also be treated with a famous Italian dessert. During winter, the gelato tasting will be replaced with an espresso or cappuccino.
Check-out at Florencetown Tours and News Stand