San Gimignano & Siena from Florence Day Tour with Chianti Winery & Monteriggioni
Price On Request
Explore two UNESCO World Heritage Centers at the heart of Tuscany in one day! See the charming village of San Gimignano and the medieval city of Siena. Sample authentic Chianti wine at a local family-run winery before visiting Monteriggioni Castle.
- Any cancellations made after 08:45 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
- Chianti wine tasting
- Transportation fee
- English-speaking guide
- 11 (hrs)
Check In/Pickup Location Details
Please look for the staff wearing green shirts. You can reach the meeting point via the T1 Leonardo tramway to Villa Costanza, exit at the Villa Costanza stop, which is at the end of the line). The ride takes 20 minutes from the city center.
Please note that the check-in closes 15 minutes before departure time.
- Please note that a moderate amount of walking is involved and this tour is not wheelchair accessible. Participants must be able to climb and descend stairs.
- Please note that during the winter season (November to March), the activity requires a minimum 2 participants to operate. In case the required number of people is not met, an alternative date or full refund will be offered. Please call the activity provider the day before to reconfirm your booking. Your voucher has the necessary contact information listed.
- The tour is available in English and Spanish.
- A vegetarian menu is available upon notice. Please indicate any dietary restrictions upon booking.
- The activity schedule is subject to change or cancellation due to weather or traffic conditions.
- The menu is subject to change without notice.
- Admission to Siena Cathedral is not included but guests can enter the site at their own expense. Please note that the church is closed on Sundays, bank holidays and special events.
- This tour is eligible for the VELTRA free cancellation policy. You can book this tour and still keep your travel plans open. If you change your mind, VELTRA guarantees no penalty fees for cancellations made up to 24 hours before your tour date. Please refer to the pdf below for the terms and conditions.
- Mobile voucher is accepted.
Dressing & Items to Bring
- Walking shoes
- Comfortable clothing
|San Gimignano & Siena from Florence Day Tour with Chianti Winery & Monteriggioni|
Check-in at Florence Coach Station, Villa Costanza (Tram T1)
Tuscany from Florence Day Trip
Hop on a GT coach or minivan and enjoy a relaxing ride to two of Tuscany's most beautiful cities.
Free TIme in San Gimignano
Begin your trip to San Gimignano, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a perfect example of a medieval urban town. Have free time to explore the village and discover some of its splendid squares, churches and the magnificent towers.
Tuscany Wine Tasting
Stop at a family-run Chianti winery and try delectable wines, accompanied by a delicious Tuscany food consisting of local favorites consisting of crostini, salami and cheese, pasta with ragu or tomato sauce, and a delectable dessert.
Guided Tour of Siena and Free Time
Follow your guide through the streets of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Siena. Get a chance to admire the magnificent Cathedral and the Town Hall in Piazza del Campo where the famous Palio horse race is held each year. Then, enjoy some time to explore on your own to see more of the city.
Monteriggioni Castle Visit
End your day trip from florence to siena and san gimignano with a visit to the dramatic medieval walled town of Monteriggioni, located on a natural hillock and built by the Sienese in 1214. Maximize the town's hilltop location and enjoy an unobstructed view of the captivating Tuscany countryside.
Tour Ends in Villa Costanza