Saijo Sake Brewery English-Guided Walking Tour with Lunch in Hiroshima
Discover the world of Japanese sake while touring the brewery district of Saijo in Hiroshima. Savor a delicious hot pot dish using local ingredients for lunch while sampling some of the finest sake in the nation!
- Any cancellations made between 7 business days (21:00 local time) to 4 business days (21:00 local time) prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 21:00 local time, 4 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
|Adult (Age 20 & Up)||$226|
- Sake tasting / Dessert
- English-speaking guide
Min/Max Quantity To Book
- Max Qty: 10 (Maximum tickets can be booked)
- 3 (hrs)
Check In/Pickup Location Details
Meet your guide in front of Higashi Hiroshima-shi Information Center at Saijo station.
Please look for the guide in front of the cafe holding an "Arigato Japan" sign.
From Hiroshima Station:
Take the Sanyo Main Line from Hiroshima Station.
The train leaves approximately every 10 minutes and takes about 35-40 minutes.
- People 20 years old and above can participate in this activity.
- This tour is pescetarian and gluten-free friendly, however, dietary restrictions must be notified at the time of booking.
- The tour starts promptly according to start-time and punctuality is highly advised. Please understand that refunds of any sort will not be issued for latecomers. The tour will not accommodate meeting in any of the food stops once you have missed the start of the tour.
- Emergency Phone Numbers: Ambulance: 119 (simple English should be okay) Medical emergencies in Tokyo: Tokyo Metropolitan Medical Information Service: +81 (0)3 5285 8181 English assistance: 9 am - 8 pm Medical emergencies in Kansai (including Osaka and Kyoto): AMDA International Medical Information Centre KANSAI: +81 (0)6-6636-2333 English assistance: 9 am - 5 pm
- Emergency Phone Numbers: Outside of Tokyo & Kansai: Japan Helpline: +81 (0)120-461-997 or +81 (0)570-000-911 English assistance 24h Other useful numbers: https://www.jhelp.com/en/jhlp.html
- Please note that dietary issues, allergies and cross-contact are not well-known or common in Japan, so many restaurants are not equipped to handle these issues. The tour operator and its partners make every effort to meet allergy and dietary requests, but please be aware that there is no guarantee these requests can be met in full. Please refer to the FAQ for Japanese translations for common food allergies.
Dressing & Items to Bring
- Walking shoes
- Participants of this tour are advised to wear warm clothes during winter. Please also bring an umbrella on rainy days (umbrellas can be purchased at convenience stores).
|Saijo Sake Brewery English-Guided Walking Tour with Lunch in Hiroshima|
Check-in at Higashi Hiroshimashi Information Center
Historical Streets of Saijo
Discover the source of one of Japan's finest sake through an informative walking tour around Saijo. Begin by learning about the clean waters that spring from the grounds beneath Saijo. See why the waters are an important factor to great sake making.
Your first stop begins at Kamotsuru, a brand name sake brewery of Hiroshima. See how the fine sake is made by seeing the important tools used during the brewing process. Please note that you cannot enter the actual brewing area for sanitary and hygienic reasons.
Hot Pot Lunch
Savor a delicious local specialty called the "Bishu Nabe." It is a hot pot dish made with premium sake and other local ingredients. You will learn more about this specialty dish during your tour.
Continue your sake adventure as you venture through the picturesque streets of Saijo. Stop by various sake breweries as you sample various types of sake and products made with sake. Take this opportunity to taste the differences according to the grade of sake!
For your final visit, take a break at a local cafe where you can enjoy a few snacks that were inspired by Japanese sake.
Tour Ends at Saijo Station