Tenkoku Personal Engraved Stamp Making Experience in Hiroshima City
Personalize your very own name stamp with a certified craftsman in Hiroshima. Enjoy a hands-on lesson to carve your name on stone stamps for a memorable souvenir from Japan! Make a customized stamp using traditional techniques of tenkoku. For thousands of years, Japanese craftsmen have mastered the art of tenkoku to make name seals on stone surfaces. Still used as personal signatures, make an original stamp for yourself or as a gift!
- Any cancellations made between 2 business days (23:59 local time) to 1 business days (23:59 local time) prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 20% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made between 1 business days (23:59 local time) to 1 hours prior to the activity start time will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 1 hours prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
|Adult (Age 12 & Up)||$117|
- Lesson / Materials
- English-speaking assistant
- Japanese-speaking instructor
Min/Max Quantity To Book
- Min Qty: 2 & Max Qty: 10
- 1 (hrs)
Check In/Pickup Location Details
20-minute walk from JR Hiroshima Station
10-minute walk from Kenchomae Station on the Astram Line
8-minute walk from the Tate-machi Tram Station on the Hiroden Main Line
- Children 12 years old and above can participate in this activity.
- If less than 4 participants are booked, the activity may not operate.
|Tenkoku Personal Engraved Stamp Making Experience in Hiroshima City|
Check-in at Noboricho Hall Entrance
Use your name of pick our your favorite word you would like to have engraved on your stamp.
After you have decided what you would like for your stamp, begin arranging the letters by drawing it out on a piece of tracing paper.
After you finished your drawing, your instructor will use a special device to transfer the image of the letter from the paper onto the seal.
One you remove the paper, you can get into the process of carving. While carving, press your seal from time to time to check if it is being properly carved.The instructor will be by your side in case you have any problems or questions.
Once you are done carving, your original stamp will be done! You will be given a special bag to take home your creation back with you.
Activity Ends on Site