Historical Sake Brewery and Tasting Tour in Kyoto with English Assistance
Dating back 280 years, visit Kyoto's historic sake brewery. Go on an informative tour to learn how the delicious drink is made and sample a few to taste the difference! Take home some bottles to continue your sake tasting adventure. Stop by the Matsui Shuzo brewery to discover the world of sake from the creation up to the bottling process. After your informative tour around the 280 year old brewery, taste the different types of freshly made sake! Take this opportunity to find a sake of your choice and take some home as a souvenir.
- Any cancellations made after 23:59 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
|Adult/Child (Age 0 & Up)||$30|
- Workshop observation fee / Hairnet (for rent) / Slippers (for rent)
- English-speaking assistant
- Japanese-speaking instructor
Min/Max Quantity To Book
- Min Qty: 2 & Max Qty: 20
10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 13:00,
14:00, 15:00, 16:00
- 1 (hrs)
Check In/Pickup Location Details
- 10-minute walk from Demachi Yanagi Station.
- 10-minute walk from Higashi Ichijo stop on the city bus.
- Sake sampling is available for participants 20 years old and above.
- When visiting the shop, please be respectful of the workers when they show you around the workshop. Please understand that the craftsmen are working during your visit and the shop itself is not a tourist attraction.
- You will be asked to remove your shoes and wear a hairnet and slippers on site.
- Restrooms are not available on site.
- Please remove hats and sunglasses when entering the shop.
- Eating and drinking is not permitted on site.
- Please understand that the brewery itself is very small.
- Please note that depending on the brewing conditions, you may not be able to take part in the sake brewery tour.
Requirement(s) - other
- Before taking any photos during the activity, please ask your guide. Photographs may not be permitted.
|Historical Sake Brewery and Tasting Tour in Kyoto with English Assistance|
Meet at Matsui Shuzo Sake Brewery
Explore the brewery to see the step-by-step process of how sake is made. Using locally grown rice and water from Kyoto, see the different stages of sake as it ferments in the massive tanks. Please understand that the brewery itself is very small.
Once you finish your tour, sample some freshly made sake and taste the differences between each one. If you find something that suits your taste, they will be available for purchase right in the shop!
Activity Ends at Matsui Shuzo Sake Brewery