Japanese Tea Ceremony at Seiryo Temple with Original Sweets in Arashiyama
Have an enriching visit to Arashiyama as you immerse yourself in the traditional world of tea at the homey Isshinan! Watch a tea master prepare a warm cup of rich matcha green tea in a traditional ceremony experience available only on VELTRA. After touring the nature filled and history-rich area of Arashiyama, head to Isshinan tea house for a warm and relaxing tea drinking experience. Located just in front of the Seiryo temple, Feel the Japanese ambiance as you sit gently in its cozy tea room while indulging in a delicious cup. After the ceremony, head to the zen garden to take instagrammable pictures of your authentic Japanese tea drinking experience.
- Any cancellations made between 7 business days (00:00 local time) to 2 business days (00:00 local time) prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made between 2 business days (00:00 local time) to 1 business days (00:00 local time) prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 80% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 00:00 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
|Adult/Child||$133 $92*$133 $92*$133 $92*$133 $92*$133 $92*$133|
- Use of tea ceremony tools
- English-speaking assistant
- Japanese-speaking guide
Min/Max Quantity To Book
- Max Qty: 6 (Maximum tickets can be booked)
- 10:00, 13:00, 15:00
Check In/Pickup Location Details
The closest station is Arashiyama Station (Keifuku train)
Walking: From Exit No. 2, walk straight until the first traffic light. Then, take a left turn and head straight to the second traffic light. From there, turn right and walk until you reach the main gate of the temple. It is around a 15-minute walk from Arashiyama Station.
Bus: From Exit No. 2, walk straight until the first traffic light then take the Kyoto City Bus No. 11 to Saga-Shakado-mae. Seiryo Temple is around a 1-minute walk from where you alight.
- Please let staff know on the activity day if you will be needing a support chair..
Dressing & Items to Bring
- Please wear or bring white socks. In case the participant has none, any color of socks will do.
|With English-Speaking Interpreter|
Check-in at Isshinan Tea House
Reception and Tour at Tea House
Enter the tea house with your socks on and meet the tea master who will show you the wonderful art form of the traditional Japanese tea ceremony. Feel free to ask questions about the activity or introduce yourself to them before heading to the tea room.
Sit gracefully in a Japanese sitting position (with legs folded and feet tucked under) or ask for a support chair. Wait and observe as the tea master meticulously prepares the utensils and ingredients needed to make full-bodied, flavorsome matcha green tea.
Whisking of Tea
Observe how the matcha powder is gracefully whisked with a precise amount of water. Ask any questions about the techniques involved in making a delicious cup as the tea master demonstrates it right in front of you.
Picture-Taking at the Zen Garden
After the ceremony, head outside to the zen garden with your cup of freshly-prepared matcha green tea and Isshinan original Japanese sweet. For a memorable photo, sit at the small room and gaze at the relaxing garden for an Instagram-worthy post. #teaceremony
End Activity on Site