Kyoto Flower Districts After Dark: Luxury Sake and Whisky Tasting Tour
Stroll through Kyoto's classic Geisha district to taste locally brewed sake and whisky paired with fine foods. Venture through the alleyways with your knowledgeable guide to drink your way through Japan's ancient capital.
- Any cancellations made between 7 business days (21:00 local time) to 4 business days (21:00 local time) prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 21:00 local time, 4 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
|Adult (Age 20 & Up)||$407|
- Sake, whiskey, cocktail and other beverage tastings / Local snacks / Seasonal specialty dishes
- English-speaking guide
Min/Max Quantity To Book
- Max Qty: 10 (Maximum tickets can be booked)
- 3 (hrs)
Check In/Pickup Location Details
Kyoto Marui Department Store WORLD CLOCK is located at the crossing of Shijo-dori at Kawaramachi Subway Station.
A guide will be waiting by the world clock mural with an "Arigato Japan Food Tour" sign.
Please make sure to allow enough time for check-in. The tour will not wait for customers who are more than ten minutes late.
- People 20 years old and above can participate in this activity.
- Additional meals and drinks not listed in the inclusions are not included in the tour fare.
- If you arrive more than 10 minutes late past the meeting time, you will not be able to join the tour. Guests who do not show up for the tour or who arrive late do not qualify for a refund. Please check the cancellation policy below for further information.
- Please note that VELTRA and the tour provider will not be liable for any theft or loss or loss of property, as well as bodily harm or injury. Please exercise due caution.
- A moderate level of walking is involved in this tour. Please make sure you are fit to participate.
- Please note that dietary issues, allergies and cross-contact are not well-known or common in Japan, so many restaurants are not equipped to handle these issues. The tour operator and its partners make every effort to meet allergy and dietary requests, but please be aware that there is no guarantee these requests can be met in full. Please refer to the FAQ for Japanese translations for common food allergies.
- Emergency Phone Numbers: Ambulance: 119 (simple English should be okay) Medical emergencies in Tokyo: Tokyo Metropolitan Medical Information Service: +81 (0)3 5285 8181 English assistance: 9 am - 8 pm Medical emergencies in Kansai (including Osaka and Kyoto): AMDA International Medical Information Centre KANSAI: +81 (0)6-6636-2333 English assistance: 9 am - 5 pm
- Emergency Phone Numbers: Outside of Tokyo & Kansai: Japan Helpline: +81 (0)120-461-997 or +81 (0)570-000-911 English assistance 24h Other useful numbers: https://www.jhelp.com/en/jhlp.html
Dressing & Items to Bring
- Walking shoes
|Kyoto Flower Districts After Dark: Luxury Sake and Whisky Tasting Tour|
Meet Your Guide at Kyoto Kanji Museum
Explore one of Kyoto's famous "flower districts" (entertainment and nightlife areas). See the city come to life at night as you pass by tea houses where maiko and geisha perform music and dances. If you're lucky, you may see elegantly made up maiko or geisha hurrying between their engagements.
Award-Winning Cocktail Bar
Weave through alleys and back streets to reach a hidden gem, a cocktail bar with award-winning bartenders and gold star original drink concoctions. Pair local snacks with a cocktail of your selection. Order a drink based on your mood or ask the bar staff to surprise you with something special!
Riverside Family Home Restaurant
This charming restaurant in a family home over 100 years old will delight you with stories and specialty food. Sample locally-brewed sake while tasting the house specialties: appetizer surprise box, two small dishes featuring mochi and signature kamo (the chef's very own Kyoto-style Peking Duck).
Chic Specialty Bar
Follow your guide once more through the narrow back alleys to see the hidden spots of Japan's ancient capital. Stop by a specialty bar to try world-famous local Japanese whiskies paired with sweets or bar snacks. Other beverages are also available for the enjoyment of non-whisky drinkers.
Tour Ends at Pontocho District