Make a Geisha Hana Kanzashi Flower Hair Ornament in Kyoto
Fold, twist and transform fabric to create a unique kanzashi hair ornament, the same type that is used by Kyoto geisha. You can learn this amazing art and make a one of a kind souvenir.
- Any cancellations made after 1 hours prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
|Adult/Child (Age 6 & Up)||$41|
- Kanzashi hair ornament lesson / Standard materials for your personal hair accessory
- Japanese-speaking instructor
10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 13:00,
14:00, 15:00, 16:00
- 1 (hrs)
Check In/Pickup Location Details
Please take Kyoto city bus #17 or #5 to Jodoji (Jodo Temple) and walk for 2 minutes.
- Children 6 years old and above can participate in this activity.
Requirement(s) - other
- Depending on the grade of kanzashi and materials you choose, there may be additional fees from 100 to 1,550 JPY. If so, please make payment on the day.
- Group sessions for 13 people or more are available. Please let us know when booking, and we will do our best to accommodate you,
|Make a Geisha Hana Kanzashi Flower Hair Ornament in Kyoto|
Meet at Dekobokoan
Kanzashi Ornament Making
Discover the secret behind the maiko and geisha's ornate hair accessories, then make your very own. Tsumami zaiku is a type of delicate craft passed down for centuries, and now you get to try it yourself. Just choose the type of kanzashi hair ornament to make.
The instructor will teach you how to turn chirimen fabric into a personal and vibrant hair ornament. From scraps of fabric to a blooming flower, discover the joy of creation.
Piecing It Together
Carefully put it together with glue and connect all the individual petals.
Your brand new hair ornament is complete and ready to take home with you. Wear it for amazing flair and a perfect reminder of your time in historic Kyoto.
After your experience, take this time to explore the store to find some gorgeous hair pins, scarf clips and other beautiful accessories that make perfect gift or souvenirs.
Lesson ends at Dekobokoan