Make Fresh Soba the Traditional Way in Gion
Learn to make soba noodles the retro way, just a few minutes from Kiyomizudera Temple. Do it all, from prepping, mixing, rolling, and cutting the dough, then eat your freshly made noodles. Stroll through classic Gion, home of geisha and maiko, then continue your way into the past as you learn the secrets behind making tasty soba noodles. This fun and filling class will show you how to grind the buckwheat, mix the dough, and even the best way to cut the noodles for flavor. After working up your appetite, it's time to eat the freshest noodles around, the ones you just made!
- Any cancellations made between 8 business days (17:00 local time) to 2 business days (17:00 local time) prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 20% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made between 2 business days (17:00 local time) to 1 business days (17:00 local time) prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 40% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made between 1 business days (17:00 local time) to 1 hours prior to the activity start time will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 1 hours prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
|Adult/Child (Age 0 & Up)||$41|
- Workshop fees / Ingredients
Min/Max Quantity To Book
- Min Qty: 2 & Max Qty: 5
- 10:30, 12:00, 14:30
- 1 (hrs)
Check In/Pickup Location Details
The shop is located by the famous Sannenzaka street.
If you are coming from Kiyomizudera Temple, go down the stairs of Sannenzaka. Continue down until you find the shop on the right side.
If you are coming from Yasaka or Gion, go up the stairs of Ninenzaka then turn left. The shop is located in the third building on the left.
If you have internet access, type [Kiyomizu 3-342] into Google Maps.
The shop is also a 5 minute walk from the Kiyomizumichi Bus Stop, bus numbers 100 or 206 from Kyoto Station, or bus number 207 from Shijo Kawaramachi.
- Guests with buckwheat, wheat or gluten allergy may not join this activity.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children under 13 are not allowed to use the kitchen knives.
- Observers, infants are not allowed to watch or enter the facility.
- A minimum of two people must participate.
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes before your starting time. Once the class starts, you will not be able to join from the middle.
- Children under elementary school may not participate.
- Staff speaks only a limited amount of English.
Dressing & Items to Bring
- Please wear clothes you do not mind getting dirty. Your clothing will get soba flour and cooking materials on it.
|Stone Pestle Ground Soba Making Lesson|
Meet at Kiyomizutei
Soba Grinding and Making Experience
Learn to make buckwheat soba noodles in the old fashioned traditional method, from grinding the buckwheat to mixing the dough and shaping the noodles.
Time to enjoy your work, and bite into the fresh soba!
Tour ends at Kiyomizutei