Kyoto Miyama Thatched-Roof House Half-Day Visit & Lifestyle Experience
Make your way to the famed pre-historic thatched houses of Miyama. Stroll through the peaceful countryside and see how the locals spend their daily lives in this quaint Japanese town with a fun visit to a local home.
- Any cancellations made between 8 business days (23:59 local time) to 2 business days (23:59 local time) prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 20% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made between 2 business days (23:59 local time) to 1 business days (23:59 local time) prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 40% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made between 1 business days (23:59 local time) to 1 hours prior to the activity start time will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 1 hours prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
|Adult (Age 18 & up)||$94|
|Child (Age 13-17)||$78|
|Child (Age 0-12)||$0|
- Cooking experience fee
Min/Max Quantity To Book
- Min Qty: 2 & Max Qty: 20
- 09:00, 13:00
- 3 (hrs)
Check In/Pickup Location Details
For check-in at Kyoto-Tamba Kogen Quasi-National Park Visitor Center:
Access by Train:
Take the San'in Line or Hashidate Line to Sonobe Station. Transfer to the Kyoto Keihan Bus from Sonobe Station West Exit Bus Stop and get off at Oishi Shuzo Bus Stop. The total duration of travel is around 2 hours.
Access by Bus:
Direct buses depart from Kyoto Eki Bus Stop at Kyoto Station bound for Kayabuki no Sato. Travel time is approximately 2 hours.
For pick-ups in Central Miyama:
If you are staying at a hotel in central Miyama, the exact time and location of your pick-up will be provided once your tour has been confirmed.
- If your group consists of over 5 people, you may be split up. A maximum of 4 families, 5 people for each group can be accommodated.
- Free pick-up is available for participants staying in one of the lodges within Miyama.
- Please understand that the homes are actual residences and shops used by the locals. Due to availability, the local home you will be visiting may not be a thatched-roof house or may not be in the thatched roof village. However, the host will do their best to make you feel comfortable and enjoy the local life of Miyama.
|Kyoto Miyama Thatched-Roof House Half-Day Visit & Lifestyle Experience|
Pick-up at Central Miyama or Check-in at Kyoto Tamba-Kogen Visitor Center
Once you complete checking in, you can also ask questions about tourist spots around the village which you can enjoy after the activity.
Head to Assigned Local House
Stroll across the thatched roof village and enjoy the nature-filled scenery as you head towards your designated house. Unlike in more well-known Shirakawa-go, Miyama's thatched houses are actual homes and workplaces! Please note that the local home you will visit may not be a thatched house.
Greet your host family warmly and enjoy the welcoming atmosphere. Listen to your host family discuss the living conditions in these type of houses while doing some fun activities like cooking, tea ceremony, vegetable picking, exploring the village and more.
Drop-off at Central Miyama or Check-out at Kyoto Tanba-Kogen Visitor Center