Nara World Heritage Sites Afternoon Tour from Kyoto
Price On Request
Take an easy half day trip from Kyoto and discover Nara’s most beautiful sights. Visit Kasuga Taisha Shrine while being greeted by the friendly deer and marvel at the largest bronze Buddha in Japan at Todaiji Temple. Relax and hop on a bus that will whisk you from Kyoto to Nara, where Todaiji Temple awaits. Home to the world’s largest wooden building. Todaiji also houses Japan’s largest bronze Buddha. Constructed in 752, this statue of the Cosmic Buddha stands an impressive 14.84 meters tall! Nara Park is located just outside the temple, and is the perfect spot to soak in the beauty of the city and mingle with the famous locals, the Nara deer! In the Shinto religion deer are considered messengers of the gods, so the deer of Nara are considered special. You will also stop at Kasuga Taisha Shrine, a World Heritage Site known for the thousands of lanterns that decorate the shrine grounds.
- Any cancellations made between 8 business days (18:00 local time) to 2 business days (18:00 local time) prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 30% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made between 2 business days (18:00 local time) to 1 business days (18:00 local time) prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 40% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made between 1 business days (18:00 local time) to 1 hours prior to the activity start time will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 1 hours prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
- Transportation fee
- English-speaking guide
Min/Max Quantity To Book
- Max Qty: 20 (Maximum tickets can be booked)
- 4 (hrs)
- Children (ages 0-5 years) will be able to participate for free under the following conditions. Tour: An individual seat will not be provided. Please have them sit on the lap of their parent or guardian. If there are seats available, they are welcome to use it, however they will not be getting a priority in seating. If you would like a seat for a child (ages 0-5 years), please book them as a child.
- During the Gion Festival (July 15-16), drop-off services to Karasuma Kyoto Hotel and Hotel Nikko Princess Kyoto will be unavailable due to traffic restrictions.
- At Kasuga Grand Shrine, the tour does not include entry to areas requiring additional admission fees.
- Due to closures, traffic conditions, or other operational concerns, the tour may not visit Nara Nagomikan.
- The order of activities and arrival times may differ depending on road conditions and congestion at destinations.
- Seats may not be designated on the bus. Depending on the number of participants, a sedan or taxi may be used instead.
Dressing & Items to Bring
- You will be walking from the parking lot to Todaiji Temple (approx 15 min one way). Please wear comfortable walking shoes.
|Nara Afternoon Tour|
Pick-up from AVANTI Sunrise Tours Desk
Bus from Kyoto to Nara
Todaiji Temple and Nara Park
Todaiji is a World Cultural Heritage Site and home to the largest bronze Buddha statue in the world. Stroll through Nara Park and meet the famous friendly local deer.
Kasuga Taisha Shrine
This historical Shinto shrine dates back to 768 and is known for its numerous bronze and stone lanterns. The deer of Nara Park are believed to be shrine messengers.
Walk around Nara Nagomikan looking for the perfect Japanese crafts, goods, and souvenirs!
Drop-off at select Kyoto hotels