Nishiki Market Walking Tour & Sake Tasting with Maki Sushi Roll Making
Get hands-on experience with Japanese cuisine, explore the shops of the local Nishiki Market and find all the ingredients you need for a delicious lunch. Learn to make maki sushi roll at a traditional machiya house. The tour starts at Nishiki Market (also known as "Kyoto's Kitchen"), the busiest market in the city. Here you will purchase the ingredients for your maki sushi roll making lesson later that day, assisted by your local guide. After walking through the market, head to an old sake brewery, where the sake-making process is explained and guests can sample several types of the Japanese liquor. Next stop is a machiya, a traditional townhouse, where a professional chef will teach you how to maki sushi rolls.
- Any cancellations made between 7 business days (00:00 local time) to 2 business days (00:00 local time) prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 20% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made between 2 business days (00:00 local time) to 1 hours prior to the activity start time will be subject to a charge of 60% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 1 hours prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
|Adult/Child (Age 4 & Up)||$195|
- Nishiki Market tour
- Sake tasting
- Maki sushi roll making lesson
- English-speaking guide
Min/Max Quantity To Book
- Min Qty: 2 & Max Qty: 9
- 3 (hrs)
Check In/Pickup Location Details
The tour guide will wait for you around the silver cube's monument, located near the North Entrance (Nishiki Entrance) of DAIMARU Department Store.
- You must be at least 20 years old to consume alcoholic beverages.
- The scheduled start time is fixed and may not be adjusted to accommodate late participants. Please note that the tour will proceed without you if you are late for more than 5 minutes.
- Guests may have a private tour arranged for free if more than 7 participants are booked.
- For small groups who would want a private activity, please inquire through the customer support inquiry.
Dressing & Items to Bring
- Walking shoes
|Nishiki Market Walking Tour|
Tour Starts at Nishiki Entrance of Daimaru Department Store
Your English-speaking guide will take you through Nishiki Market, giving you information on the vibrant displays of food along its lanes.
Former Sake Brewery
Visit a former sake brewery and learn about the process of making the popular Japanese liquor. While there, sample several different varieties of sake or "nihonshu".
Cooking Lesson and Dinner
Arrive at the machiya for your cooking lesson! Learn how to make maki sushi roll with ingredients bought at Nishiki Market earlier that day. The dishes you will make comes with soup, a vegetable dish and fruit. After the lesson, go ahead and indulge in your creations.
Activity Ends at Wak Japan Machiya