Private Ohara Temple and Garden Sightseeing Tour from Kyoto
Set out, just your group and guide, and visit Sanzenin, Jikkoin, and Shorinin Temples. Each is famous for serene gardens made more than 1,000 years ago. Head off the beaten track and discover three temples dedicated to music and traditional Buddhist chanting. Located near Kyoto, but far enough from the center of the city to allow nature to showcase its beauty are the temples of Sanzenin, Jikkoin, and Shorinin. Each also boast varied gardens that capture the feelings of the seasons and soothing atmospheres. Calm your mind as you walk through the gardens, and maybe even have the chance to hear the monks chanting. With a private guide, there is no need to worry about rushing, so you can enjoy the tour at your own pace.
- Any cancellations made between 15 business days (18:00 local time) to 3 business days (18:00 local time) prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 20% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made between 3 business days (18:00 local time) to 2 business days (18:00 local time) prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 18:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
|Adult/Child||$247 $185*$247 $185*$247 $185*$247 $185*$247|
- Guidance in the language of your choice
- Transportation fee
- English-speaking guide
- 5 (hrs)
Check In/Pickup Location Details
Pick-up service is limited to hotels between Higashi-oji-dori and Nishi-oji-dori (to the east and west) and Imadegawa-dori and Jujo-dori (to the north and south).
- Our services are mainly offered in English, but Chinese, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Russian are also available.
- Fees for buses are included. However, for the use of taxis or hired cars there will be additional charges.
- Meals are not included on this tour.
|Private Ohara Temple and Garden Sightseeing Tour from Kyoto|
Meet-up with guide at your hotel lobby
Tour this 8th century temple where monks train in Shomyo chanting. The fabulous garden is known as a Buddhist Heaven, and is a true must-see.
Ohara Imperial Mausoleum
Visit the resting place of two emperors who rose up against the shogunate government. Though no one is allowed to enter, the grounds of this area are known for their garden-like beauty.
Walk through the temple where music reigns. You may even be able to play some traditional Japanese instruments yourself as you tour the temple and garden. Stop for some tea and a Japanese snack as well.
Having recently celebrated its 1,000th year anniversary, this temple stands proudly near two rivers. Monks who stumbled over their chants were said to be speaking like the sounds of the rivers.
Check-out at Shorinin Temple