Special 10 Course Kaiseki Dinner in Kyoto's Gion District
Enjoy an authentic and delicious 10-course dinner in Kyoto. First explore the Shirakawa river and make your way through the traditional geisha district of Gion. Then enjoy your traditional meal. Explore the Shirakawa River and Gion district at night just before enjoying a grand, 10-course meal prepared especially for this tour. Take the chance to see the beautiful scenery of the river, the historic geisha district and to enjoy the delicious Kyoto-style cuisine.
- Any cancellations made between 7 business days (21:00 local time) to 4 business days (21:00 local time) prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 21:00 local time, 4 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
|Adult (Age 13 & up)||$332 $664*$332|
|Child (Age 3-12)||$166|
- 10 course Kaiseki dinner with green tea and dessert.
- English-speaking guide
Min/Max Quantity To Book
- Max Qty: 12 (Maximum tickets can be booked)
- 3 (hrs)
Check In/Pickup Location Details
From Kyoto Station:
Take any of the Kyoto city buses 12, 31, 46, 80, 100, 201, 202, 203, 206, 207 to Gion.
Nearest Kyoto subway station is Higashiyama, Exit 2.
8-minute walk from Shijo Kawaramachi Station.
5-minute walk from Shijo Keihan Station.
*Please make sure to allow enough time for check-in. The tour will not wait for customers who are more than ten minutes late.
- Under the law of Japan, alcohol can be ordered by participants over 20 years of age only.
- Additional meals and drinks not listed in the inclusions is not included in the tour fare.
- If you arrive more than 10 minutes late after your meeting time, you will not be able to join the tour.
- Guests who do not show up for the tour or who arrive late do not qualify for a refund. Please check the cancellation policy below for further information.
- Please note that VELTRA and the tour provider will not be liable for any theft or loss or loss of property, as well as bodily harm or injury. Please exercise due caution.
- Please note that dietary issues, allergies and cross-contact are not well-known or common in Japan, so many restaurants are not equipped to handle these issues. The tour operator and its partners make every effort to meet allergy and dietary requests, but please be aware that there is no guarantee these requests can be met in full. Please refer to the FAQ for Japanese translations for common food allergies.
- Emergency Phone Numbers: Ambulance: 119 (simple English should be okay) Medical emergencies in Tokyo: Tokyo Metropolitan Medical Information Service: +81 (0)3 5285 8181 English assistance: 9 am - 8 pm Medical emergencies in Kansai (including Osaka and Kyoto): AMDA International Medical Information Centre KANSAI: +81 (0)6-6636-2333 English assistance: 9 am - 5 pm
- Emergency Phone Numbers: Outside of Tokyo & Kansai: Japan Helpline: +81 (0)120-461-997 or +81 (0)570-000-911 English assistance 24h Other useful numbers: https://www.jhelp.com/en/jhlp.html
Dressing & Items to Bring
- Walking shoes
|Special 10 Course Kaiseki Dinner in Kyoto's Gion District|
Meet in front of Starbucks Coffee at the Old Kyoto Gion Hotel
Start the tour by strolling along the Shirakawa river. Since the Edo period, the river has been an ideal spot for spring and summer dining. And it is still home to many riverside dining areas today.
Cross the Shirakawa into Gion. This famous district in Kyoto is famous for its history of geisha and tea houses. See the traditional elements of Kyoto firsthand as you will likely come across geisha or maiko in the streets of Gion in the evening.
Kaiseki Dinner Course
Lastly, enjoy the delicious 10-course meal prepared especially for this tour. The dishes themselves will be a surprise, but participants can rest assured that among the courses will be plenty of amazingly fresh sashimi.
Tour ends after the dinner course