Takoyaki Octopus Ball Making Class with Vegetarian Options in Kyoto
Perfect the round form of takoyaki octopus ball with an English-speaking chef. Learn the tips and tricks to make this delicious Kansai-style Japanese snack. Vegetarian and vegan options also available!
- Any cancellations made between 8 business days (23:59 local time) to 4 business days (23:59 local time) prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 30% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made between 4 business days (23:59 local time) to 2 business days (23:59 local time) prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made between 2 business days (23:59 local time) to 1 business days (23:59 local time) prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 80% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 23:59 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
|Adult/Child (Age 7 & up)||$87|
|Child (Age 3-6)||$87|
|Infant (Age 0-2)||$0|
- Kimono (for women), Samue (for men) Yukata (for young girls), Dougi for Kendo or Karate (for young boys)
- English-speaking instructor
- Japanese-speaking instructor
Min/Max Quantity To Book
- Max Qty: 6 (Maximum tickets can be booked)
09:00, 10:00, 11:00, 12:00,
13:00, 14:00, 15:00, 16:00,
- 1 (hrs)
Check In/Pickup Location Details
Get out of Exit 2 of Kyoto Shiyakusho-mae Station on the Tozai line.
Walk along Kawaramachi-dori for 2-minutes. You will see the studio on your right.
- Infants (ages 0-2) may participate for free per adult, but may not take part in the cooking lesson or have a separate meal.
- Kimono (for women), Samue (for men), Yukata (for young girls), Dougi for Kendo or Karate (for young boys) are available for rent during your experience. If you wish to take part in the dress-up, please arrive at least 10-minutes prior from your requested time.
- Vegetarian or vegan options are available. Please request upon booking.
- Drinks are not included in the tour fare, however, local sake, beer, wine from Kyoto and soft drinks are available for purchase on site.
Dressing & Items to Bring
- Clothing that can get dirty
|Takoyaki Making Experience|
Check-in at Sakura
Dress-up Before Cooking
For those who wish to change into a kimono, please arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the start time. The friendly staff will be available to help you dress up.
Takoyaki Making Experience
Blend the ingredients with an easy-to-follow recipe guide to form a perfect takoyaki octopus ball. Learn the tips from an English-speaking chef to master the techniques. Vegans and vegetarians will use shiitake mushroom and kelp broth as well as different fillings as an alternative to octopus.
Snap photos of the finished product before digging in. Take selfies and group photos with the class before changing out of your kimono.
Check-out from Sakura