Traditional Japanese Calligraphy Class at a Machiya Townhouse in Kyoto
Try your hand at the flowing and delicate art of Japanese calligraphy, also known as shodo. Join a lesson held at a traditional Kyoto townhouse and learn to elegantly scribe kanji characters.
- Any cancellations made between 7 business days (00:00 local time) to 1 business days (00:00 local time) prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 20% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made between 1 business days (00:00 local time) to 1 hours prior to the activity start time will be subject to a charge of 60% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 1 hours prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
|Adult/Child (Age 4 & Up)||$58|
- Program materials
- English-speaking instructor
Min/Max Quantity To Book
- Min Qty: 2 & Max Qty: 9
- 09:00, 11:00, 14:45
- 1 (hrs)
Check In/Pickup Location Details
The WAK Japan machiya townhouse is a 5-minute walk from Subway Karasuma Oike Station Exit No.7.
- The scheduled start times are fixed and may not be adjusted to accommodate late participants. Please note that you may not be allowed to join if you are late for more than 10 minutes.
- Larger groups may be split into smaller ones.
- If the booked participants are 7 participants or more, this activity will be held privately without an additional fee.
- For small groups who would want a private activity, please inquire through the customer support inquiry.
Dressing & Items to Bring
- Children below 4 years old are not allowed to participate unless a private class is booked. Please select the add-on upon booking (additional fees may apply).
|Traditional Japanese Calligraphy|
Check-in at WAK Japan
Shodo Japanese Calligraphy
Discover the intricate art of Japanese calligraphy with an experienced instructor. Learn the strokes then use a fude brush and sumi black ink to write out elegant Japanese characters. Choose your favorite word or your own name in kanji characters and create your own calligraphy art souvenir.
Check-out at WAK Japan