Traditional Japanese Dance Lesson in The Art of Nihon Buyo
Immerse yourself in Japanese culture. Put on a beautiful kimono and learn nihon buyo (traditional Japanese dance), an art form that has been refined over the past 400 years! In an intimate home atmosphere, your instructor and English speaking attendant will teach you the ritual and history of this treasured Japanese dance form. Your unforgettable experience begins as you are dressed in an exquisite kimono! Watch closely as your expert instructor teaches you the basic foot steps, gestures and usage of props like the folding fan. By combining these movements, you will soon find yourself moving gracefully, just like a professional! This course allows beginners without any prior dance experience to learn the basics of this ancient art form.
- Any cancellations made between 7 business days (18:00 local time) to 2 business days (18:00 local time) prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 20% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made between 2 business days (18:00 local time) to 1 hours prior to the activity start time will be subject to a charge of 60% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 1 hours prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
|Adult/Child (Age 4 & up)||$261 $415*$261 $415*$261|
- Accredited English-speaking guide
- Professional dance instruction
- Kimono rental and dressing
- Transfer fees
Min/Max Quantity To Book
- Min Qty: 1 & Max Qty: 9
- 10:00, 13:00
- 2 (hrs)
Check In/Pickup Location Details
Your English-speaking guide will meet you at your hotel lobby and take you to your destination.
Please be at your hotel lobby at least 5 minutes before the scheduled pick-up time.
Late arrival at your hotel lobby will result in a shortened program.
The driver will only wait for you at your hotel lobby for 30 minutes. If they are unable to find you after 30 minutes of waiting, your activity will be canceled and no refund will be issued to you.
- Children 4 years old and above can participate in this activity.
- If customers are late for any reason they will not be able to make-up for missed time, resulting in a shorter program.
- Based on the location of your hotel and destination, public transportation may be used.
- The maximum number of participants per course is 9. Large groups may be divided into several groups depending on the size of the party.
- By request your tour may be conducted in other languages besides English. An additional fee will be required.
- There are no discounts for children or observers. Payment is required for every participant.
|Traditional Japanese Dance Lesson in The Art of Nihon Buyo|
Pick-up at your Hotel Lobby
Basics of Nihon Buyo
Upon arriving at your instructor's residence, she will give a basic lecture about the history of Japanese dance.
Dress in a Kimono
Begin your lesson by being dressed in a gorgeous traditional Japanese kimono to ensure your dance experience is as authentic as possible.
Learn the basic steps and props of nihon buyo. The instructor will put on music to help keep the flow of the movements in time.
Return to your Hotel