Traditional Maiko Dance Performance and Lesson in Kyoto
Immerse yourself in the beauty of Kyoto-style Japanese dance with a performance and lesson from a maiko. Learn the basics of this elegant dance and bring home a lucky senjafuda as a souvenir. Cap off the experience with a cup of green tea and sweets.
- Any cancellations made after 17:00 local time, 11 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
|Adult/Child (Age 2 & Up)||$45|
- Green tea and sweets
- 1 dance performance by the maiko
- Kyoto-style traditional dance along lesson
- English-speaking assistant
- Japanese-speaking staff
- 0 (hrs)
Check In/Pickup Location Details
1-minute walk from No.1 Exit of Gojo Station by subway
10-minute walk from No.3 Exit of Keihan Kyomizu Gojo Station
- Infants (ages 0-1) can join for free but will not get a separate seat.
- The starting time of the activity will not be adjusted due to delayed time. Latecomers with no prior notice and are late by 10 minutes will have their booking cancelled.
- Bringing of food and drinks are prohibited.
- Seating will be on chairs. The standard experience fee includes B2 Seat (back rows). Should you wish to sit closer, please select the add-on upgrade.
Check-in at Jinmatsuan
Introduction to the Maiko
Kyomai Japanese Dance Performance
Have a cultural icon of Kyoto charm you with her stunning dance performance. Observe how the maiko delicately moves her hands and feet with traditional music playing in the background.
Practice and Lesson
Follow the maiko as she teaches you the movements first-hand. Practice the impeccable hand gestures and graceful foot movements until you learn all the steps. After this, you will be dancing along with the maiko for a final performance.
Photo Taking and Senjafuda Souvenir
Say your thanks and take a memorable photo with the maiko. Receive a senjafuda slip which you can store in your wallet as a lucky charm.
Tea, Sweets and Question and Answer Time
Spend time in an authentic Japanese ozashiki parlor as you enjoy a cup of matcha green tea and sweets. Feel free to ask any question to futher gain knowledge about this traditional entertainment art.
Check-out at Jinmatsuan