Jigokudani Monkey Park Tour from Nagano with Zenkoji Temple and Sake Tasting
Take a scenic walk to visit cute monkeys known to bathe in the hot spring. Enjoy the best of Nagano by visiting the historical Zenkoji Temple and the bustling Nakamise street filled with many shops and restaurants!
- Any cancellations made between 10 business days (08:30 local time) to 7 business days (08:30 local time) prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 20% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made between 7 business days (08:30 local time) to 1 business days (08:30 local time) prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 30% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made between 1 business days (08:30 local time) to 3 hours prior to the activity start time will be subject to a charge of 30% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made between 3 to 1 hours prior to the activity start time will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 1 hours prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
|Adult (Age 13 & Up)||$205|
|Child (Age 6-12)||$145|
|Infant (Age 0-5)||$0|
- Snow Monkey Park Entrance Fee
- Transportation fee
- English-speaking guide
- 8 (hrs)
Check In/Pickup Location Details
For participants joining the tour coming from other areas by bullet train, please see the following timetable for Nagano station arrival and departures:
Departing Tokyo Station – Arriving Nagano Station:
Tokyo: 07:20 – Nagano: 08:43 – Kagayaki (reserved seats only)
Tokyo: 07:24 – Nagano: 09:14 – Asama
Tokyo: 07:52 – Nagano: 09:30 – Hakutaka
Departing Nagano Station – Arriving Tokyo Station:
Nagano: 17:55 – Tokyo: 19:20 – Kagayaki (reserved seats only)
Nagano: 18:22 – Tokyo: 20:00 – Hakutaka
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible.
- Bullet train tickets are and Zenko-ji Temple admission fee are not included in the tour price.
- Participants 20 years old and below traveling alone must provide the a written consent of his/her guardian.
- Participants 13 years old and below must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Children 5 years old and below are free of charge but separate seats or meals are not included.
- There are a few times in the year (spring-autumn) that the monkeys might not come down to the park. There is also no guarantee that monkeys will be at the park everyday of the year. In such cases the park will be closed and will provide an alternative activity.
- During the winter, you may have a chance of seeing Snow Monkeys enjoying the hot spring bath. However, from spring to autumn, there will be times where the monkeys will not be in the water. Please note that monkeys are wild animals and there is no guarantee that there will be monkeys in the bath.
- Vegetarian or vegan options are available for lunch and can be requested for when booking.
- This tour includes lunch at Monzen Terrace Enya. On rare occasions it may not be possible to use this restaurant in which case we would switch to another, comparable location
Dressing & Items to Bring
- Walking shoes
|Jigokudani Monkey Park Tour from Nagano with Zenkoji Temple and Sake Tasting|
Check-in at Nagano Station
Train Ride to the Snow Monkey Park
Zenkoji Temple (Entrance Fee is Not Included)
Presently home to the first Buddhist statue ever brought to the country, it is one of the most significant and popular temples in Japan. Walk along its grounds and discover its rich history and fascinating urban legends as your knowledgeable guide reveals them to you.
Lunch at a Local Restaurant
As you bid the snow monkeys goodbye, walk back along the forest trail and savor a delectable lunch at a local restaurant nearby.
Sample Different Types of Sake
Taste fine quality sake as you visit one of the most historic sake breweries in Nagano. Made from the clean spring water and climate suitable for rice production, it is the ideal setting for creating sake.
Depart Nagano to Snow Monkey Park
Hike to Snow Monkey Park
Upon arrival, you will take a 30-minute walk through the lovely forest trail of Snow Monkey Park.
These adorable creatures are known for their quirky habit of soaking in hot springs and living in the snow. Gush over as you look into their charming red faces, get up close and personal with them for an unforgettable photo opportunity during the winter months.
Walk Back the Forest Trail
Trip Back to Nagano
Tour Ends at Nagano Station