Private Tea Ceremony and Kimono Dressing Experience in Tokyo
Experience an authentic Japanese tea ceremony held in a traditional tatami matted room. Wear a beautiful kimono as you take part in a ceremony held by a professional tea master who will explain the art of tea in English. Discover and join the historic art of the tea ceremony with a private course. Start by dressing in a gorgeous silk kimono before learning how to gracefully move in the delicate wear. Make sure to take photos as a lifelong memory! Learn about the traditional Japanese art of tea, as explained by professional tea masters, and sip a cup of matcha green tea while tasting wagashi sweets in a serene tatami tea room.
- Any cancellations made between 15 business days (18:00 local time) to 3 business days (18:00 local time) prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 20% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made between 3 business days (18:00 local time) to 2 business days (18:00 local time) prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 18:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
|Adult (Age 4 & up)||$291 $241*$291 $241*$291 $241*$291|
- Kimono dressing
- Tea ceremony (tea and sweet)
- Dressing assistant
- English-speaking instructor
Min/Max Quantity To Book
- Max Qty: 15 (Maximum tickets can be booked)
- 10:00, 14:15
- 1 (hrs)
- Children 4 years old and above can participate in this activity.
- The program duration is an estimate. It may be subject to change depending on the number of participants and/or other conditions.
- This activity provides guidance in Chinese, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Russian for an additional fare. If you would like a language that is not English, please request when booking.
|Kimono Dressing & Tea Ceremony|
Check-in front of the First Floor Information Center at Tokyo Tower
Select a beautiful kimono and obi sash from the wide selection available and then let the expert kimono specialists transform you! Feel the grace and beauty of the traditional wear, then prepare yourself for the tea ceremony.
Fully dressed in kimono, take part in a traditional tea ceremony. Savor the refined atmosphere and practiced grace of the host or hostess while you sip matcha tea and taste traditional wagashi sweets. After the ceremony, you can take pictures in the tearoom and garden.
Check-out at Kikai Shinko Kaikan