Tokyo Morning Tour to Tokyo Tower, Meiji Shrine and Imperial Palace
Price On Request
Start your day in the Japanese capital with a guided half-day tour of Tokyo. Beat the crowds and check out impressive Tokyo Tower, serene Meiji Shrine, scenic Imperial Palace East Gardens, and bustling Ginza Shopping District with ease. Get a personal taste of Tokyo, a city where thousand-year-old history meets cutting-edge architecture, on this half-day guided tour. Head to Tokyo Tower, where a bird’s-eye view of the urban landscape awaits you. Then, step back in time to ancient Tokyo with a stroll through the tranquil Meiji Shrine and East Gardens of the Imperial Palace. Afterward, get whisked away to Ginza, the famous shopping and entertainment district that showcases brands from all over the world.
- Any cancellations made between 7 business days (00:00 local time) to 1 business days (00:00 local time) prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 10% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made between 1 business days (00:00 local time) to 1 business days (00:00 local time) prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 20% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made between 1 business days (23:59 local time) to 1 hours prior to the activity start time will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 1 hours prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
- Bus fare
- English-speaking guide
- 5 (hrs)
Check In/Pickup Location Details
*Mandarin Oriental and New Sanno: Pick-up services are only available for hotel guests.
*Participants from Hilton Tokyo will be escorted to Hyatt Regency on foot.
- As the pick-up service will stop at many hotels throughout the city, guests may have to wait for all other participants to be picked up before the tour starts. The earliest pick up is at 07:50 and the last at 09:00. Please check the exact times on the Pick-up Time & Location section of the schedule.
- The activity schedule is subject to change or cancellation due to weather or traffic conditions.
- On days when the Imperial Palace East Gardens are closed, the tour will visit the Nijubashi area instead. The East Gardens are closed on Mondays and Fridays.
- There will be minor changes to the itinerary during the New Year's period.
- For Mandarin Oriental and New Sanno, please note that the pick-up services are only available for hotel guests.
- Participants from Hilton Tokyo will be escorted to Hyatt Regency on foot.
- Please make sure to give yourself enough time to arrive at your designated pick-up location. The tour will not wait for participants running late. Latecomers will not be able to join the tour mid-way.
- For inquiries after your booking has been confirmed, please contact VELTRA's customer support line. The contact details are listed under the "Recommendation(s) - Others" section of your voucher.
Dressing & Items to Bring
- This tour includes several walking portions. Please wear clothes and shoes suitable for walking.
|Tokyo Morning Tour|
Pick-up from Specific Hotels in Tokyo
Go up to the main observation deck of Tokyo Tower, the second-tallest structure in Japan and one of the most popular tourist destinations in the capital. Avoid the bustling crowds with a morning visit, and take in a panoramic view of the cityscape; a scenic beginning to your half-day tour.
Follow a winding path to Meiji Shrine, a Shinto shrine built amid lush forest grounds. Learn about the history of this memorial for Emperor Meiji and Empress Shoken, and admire its design that embodies the best of Japanese shrine architecture.
Akasaka Guest House and National Diet Building
Pass by the magnificent Western-style Akasaka Guest House and the imposing National Diet Building. See the latter's German-influenced architecture that took 17 years to construct.
Imperial Palace East Gardens
Then, go for a lovely stroll around the East Gardens, the only area in the innermost circles of the Imperial Palace that is open to the public. Here, admire the pine trees and seasonal blooms of various flowers throughout the year, from vibrant sunflowers to delicate cherry blossoms.
Ginza Shopping District
Finally, drive past the bustling Ginza Shopping District, home to fashion-leaders and flagship stores of famous brands from all over the globe. See the symbolic clock tower of the Ginza Wako building. Your guide will inform you how to commute back to your hotel afterwards.
Tour Ends in Ginza Shopping District