Tsukiji Fish Market Morning Food Tour with Breakfast
Calling all foodies! Visit the historic Tsukiji Market and discover its background and hidden gems. Start off with coffee to perk you up and enjoy a special breakfast before exploring the bustling outer market and sampling famous Japanese foods. Despite the move of wholesale vendors from Tsukiji's inner market to Toyosu Market, this is one neighborhood that is still worth visiting. More than 100 years of history is still kept alive with 65 specialty vendors who chose to remain and keep Tsukiji going. In this tour, you will get to taste specialties from the area which you cannot find elsewhere! Fuel up with coffee at one of Tokyo's best artisanal spots and a special Tsukiji breakfast at a local restaurant before exploring this remarkable area with your local guide. Try fresh sashimi and other seasonal culinary delights, trying out 10-12 different dishes at 4 food stops, including some green tea and other traditional Japanese sweets! Get ready for quite a bit of walking on this tour, but the delicious food and the insight into Tsukiji's hidden charms and underlying history are well worth it.
- Any cancellations made between 7 business days (21:00 local time) to 4 business days (21:00 local time) prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 21:00 local time, 4 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
|Adult (Age 13 & up)||$285 $570*$285|
|Child (Age 3-12)||$142|
|Infant (Age 0-2)||$0|
- 1 drink and 10-12 different dishes to sample at 4 food stops
- Green tea with local Japanese sweets
- English-speaking guide
Min/Max Quantity To Book
- Max Qty: 12 (Maximum tickets can be booked)
- 3 (hrs)
Check In/Pickup Location Details
Meet up in front of Turret Coffee Tsukiji, which is a 1-minute walk from Exit 2 of Tsukiji Station on the Hibiya Line.
Please note that this tour has a strict time policy. If you arrive more than 10 minutes late, you will not be able to join the tour.
- Infants may join the tour for free; however, please note that strollers are not allowed in the inner market area. Baby carriers are advised instead.
- Please do not bring big or bulky luggage with you.
- Additional meals and drinks not listed in the inclusions are not included in the tour fare. Purchase (at your own expense) is possible.
- Please note that this tour follows a strict time policy. If you arrive more than 10 minutes late after your meeting time, you will not be able to join the tour.
- Guests who do not show up for the tour or who arrive late do not qualify for a refund. Please check the cancellation policy below for further information.
- Please note that VELTRA and the tour provider will not be liable for any theft or loss or loss of property, as well as bodily harm or injury. Please exercise due caution.
- Please note that dietary issues, allergies and cross-contact are not well-known or common in Japan, so many restaurants are not equipped to handle these issues. The tour operator and its partners make every effort to meet allergy and dietary requests, but please be aware that there is no guarantee these requests can be met in full. Please refer to the FAQ for Japanese translations for common food allergies.
- Emergency Phone Numbers: Ambulance: 119 (simple English should be okay) Medical emergencies in Tokyo: Tokyo Metropolitan Medical Information Service: +81 (0)3 5285 8181 English assistance: 9 am - 8 pm Medical emergencies in Kansai (including Osaka and Kyoto): AMDA International Medical Information Centre KANSAI: +81 (0)6-6636-2333 English assistance: 9 am - 5 pm
- Emergency Phone Numbers: Outside of Tokyo & Kansai: Japan Helpline: +81 (0)120-461-997 or +81 (0)570-000-911 English assistance 24h Other useful numbers: https://www.jhelp.com/en/jhlp.html
Dressing & Items to Bring
- Walking shoes
- Comfortable clothing
|Tsukiji Fish Market Morning Food Tour with Breakfast|
Check-in at Turret Coffee
Kickstart the Day with Coffee
Enjoy a freshly-brewed cup of coffee, perfect for energizing you for the day ahead. Not your cup of tea? Not to worry as there are other items on the menu.
Special Seafood Breakfast
Whether you like your seafood fresh or cooked, Tsukiji has the seafood breakfast just for you. Head to a local restaurant and enjoy delectable seafood cuisine.
Tsukiji Specialty Fish Market
Visit the 65 specialty vendors who chose to remain in Tsukiji instead of moving to Toyosu Market. See whole tuna being prepared for selling and try fresh sashimi and more delicious seasonal food. Embark on a gastronomic adventure as you taste new and unique food at different stops.
Take a break from gorging on yummies and stop by a local shrine with over 300 years of history for a blessing.
There's always room for dessert! End the tour on a sweet note with green tea and a treat that will leave you smiling in one of Japan's most beautiful imperial gardens.
Tour Ends on Site