Madrid Markets and Neighborhoods Small Group Gourmet Tour with Tapas Tasting
Price On Request
Jump into Madrid's vibrant neighborhoods and bustling food markets on this small group tour. Discover the tasty specialties of La Latina and Lavapiés as you try out tapas and typical Spanish cuisine.
- Any cancellations made after 10:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
- Five tapas dishes
- Three drinks (wine, beer and/or soft drinks)
- Olive oil tasting
- Cava tasting
- Wine tasting
- Hot chocolate with churros
- English-speaking guide
Min/Max Quantity To Book
- Max Qty: 12 (Maximum tickets can be booked)
- 4 (hrs)
Check In/Pickup Location Details
The meeting point is facing the front of the Opera House. The closest metro station is Opera.
- Children 6 years old and above can participate in this activity.
- Please indicate if you have any dietary restrictions or allergies upon booking.
- The tour will go ahead in all weather conditions. However, if cancelled due to extreme circumstances, your leader will contact you to move your tour to another day. You will be informed via email or local contact number.
- Drinks and snacks are available for purchase.
- This tour will be conducted in a small group with a maximum of 12 participants.
Dressing & Items to Bring
- Walking shoes
- Comfortable clothing
|Madrid Markets and Neighborhoods Small Group Gourmet Tour with Tapas Tasting|
Check-in at the Statue of the Woman in the Middle of Plaza de Isabel II
Breakfast and Gourmet Tapas
Start your day right with a delectable Spanish breakfast at an iconic chocolateria and delight in a serving of churros paired with hot chocolate. Then, savor different types of tapa dishes at the gourmet tapas market as your guide introduces you to the local culinary scene at your first stop.
Barrio de La Latina
Wander into the offbeat neighborhood of La Latina. Check out the authentic streets lined with tapas bars, cafes and restaurants. Visit terraces built in the 16th or 17th century, now turned into hotels. Listen to live music as you shop at El Rastro market, Spain's largest flea market.
Continue to the neighborhood of Lavapies, a cultural melting pot where African and Asian eateries mingle together. Discover how Spanish traditions live on amid modern street art in the barrio. Stop at a food market, see relics from the 18th century and find traditional houses with connected patios.
Madrid Food Market and Arts Center
Finish your tour at another food market where you can sample local, organic wines and Spanish olive oil. Get to know the Madrileño lifestyle, their bohemian culture and of course, flamenco dancing.
Tour Ends at the Corner of Calle de las Huertas and Calle del Leon