Royal Monastery El Escorial and Valley of the Fallen Half Day Tour from Madrid
Price On Request
Tours not marked Instant booking may take 48 hours of confirmation from supplier. Please book tickets while keeping this time for getting back with confirmation
Take a trip to the Royal site of El Escorial, which functions as a monastery, royal palace, museum and even a school! Visit the moving Valley of the Fallen, a Spanish Civil War memorial and learn about its history from your guide.
- Any cancellations made after 08:30 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
- Admission fee to the Royal Monastery of El Escorial, the Valley of the Fallen and the Basilica
- Bilingual Guide (English/Spanish)
- Radio-guided system
- Transportation fee
- English-speaking guide
- 5 (hrs)
- The tour is conducted in English and Spanish.
- The activity schedule is subject to change or cancellation due to weather or traffic conditions.
Dressing & Items to Bring
- Walking shoes
- Comfortable clothing
Requirement(s) - other
- Please note that taking photos and videos inside the Royal Monastery of El Escorial and the Valley of the Fallen Basilica are not allowed.
|Royal Monastery of El Escorial & Valley of the Fallen|
Check-in at Julia Travel Office
Departure from Madrid
Admire the symmetry and balance of the El Escorial's architecture, declared as UNESCO World Heritage site. The visit includes the Hapsburgs Palace, the Kings and Princes Mausoleum, the library, the Chapter House, and the Basilica.
Basilica of the Valley of the Fallen
Enjoy a tour at the Basilica of the Valley of the Fallen located 9 km away from El Escorial. It is a Basilica carved into the mountain at 1350 meters of altitude, where an impressive 150 meters high cross places itself over the magnificent nature reserve of the Madrid mountain range.
Tour Ends at Plaza de Oriente Underground Parking