Lucerne and Mount Pilatus Day-Tour from Zurich with World's Steepest Train Ride
Price On Request
Enjoy an exciting day-trip to Mt. Pilatus and revel in the best views of the Swiss Alps. Visit the charming city of Lucerne and hop aboard the world's steepest cogwheel railway to the top of the Dragon Mountain.
- Any cancellations made after 09:30 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
- Cogwheel Train Ticket
- Lunch voucher
- Transportation fee
- Cable car fee
- English-speaking guide
Min/Max Quantity To Book
- Max Qty: 10 (Maximum tickets can be booked)
- 9 (hrs)
Check In/Pickup Location Details
Arrival by tramway
1. Take tramway no. 4 / 13 / 17 and alight at the stop "Sihlquai / HB".
2. The coach parking is located across the street and the meeting point is a white ticket office marked with "Best of Switzerland Tours" or "Tickets here".
Arrival by train
1. Take a train to Zürich main train station (HB). The departure place is located on the backside of the train station, about 5 – 10 minutes walking distance away.
2. Go to track no. 18. This is the last track on the street level. Walk along the track with the tracks to your left and the street to your right until the street turns to the right. Follow the street to the right and you will see a restaurant called "St. Gallerhof", then Hotel Walhalla and a Starbucks coffee shop.
3. The bus parking is located across the street and the meeting point is a white ticket office marked with "Best of Switzerland Tours" or "Tickets here".
- If less than 5 participants are booked, the activity may not operate.
- Please note that you will not be accompanied by a guide on the mountain and on the journey from Kriens to Lucerne. There will only be a guide from Zurich to Kriens and from Lucerne to Zurich on the following dates: - April 2021 - 22 Nov 2021 to early May 2022
- The lunch voucher amounts to 20 CHF per adult and 10 CHF per child and is exchangeable at Pilatus self-service restaurant.
- The activity schedule is subject to change or cancellation due to weather or traffic conditions.
- This activity operates regardless of weather.
- Please take note that the panoramic gondola and "Dragon Ride" cable car will not operate from 19 October 2020 to 06 November 2020 due to maintenance works.
- The boat ride on Lake Lucerne is only available from May 2, 2020 to October 18, 2020.
- The lunch voucher serves as compensation for the boat ride from October 19, 2020 to early May 2021.
- The tour is live guided in English and Spanish from May 2, 2020 to November 15, 2020.
Dressing & Items to Bring
- A valid government-issued photo ID
- Walking shoes
- Warm clothes
|With Lunch Voucher|
Check-in at Sihlquai Bus Parking
Departure from Zurich to Lucerne
Sit back, relax and enjoy the view of the charming countryside along with the serene Lake of the Four Cantons on the way to Lucerne. Stop for photos at Lake Lucerne or the Lion Monument. See the Culture and Congress Centre and Kapellbrucke before exploring the Old Town on your own.
Gondola and Cable Car from Kriens
Head to Kriens and a ride panoramic gondola to Fräkmüntegg before boarding the aerial cableway "Dragon Ride". Enjoy the spectacular sight out of the wide windows, specifically designed to make its passengers feel like they're flying.
Departure from Lucerne
Arrival at Mt. Pilatus
Reach the top of Mt Pilatus (2,132 meters above sea level) and have free time to bask in the spectacular alpine scenery or explore one of many hiking trails. Take out your camera for gorgeous photos of the view.
World's Steepest Train Ride (May to November 15, 2020 only)
Descend the mountain on the steepest cogwheel railway in the world with a gradient of 48% to Alpnachstad. Enjoy a comfortable ride as you relish the captivating landscape.
Your lunch voucher (20 CHF per adult and 10 CHF per child) is exchangeable at the Pilatus self-service restaurant.
Departure from Lucerne to Zurich
Check-out at Sihlquai Bus Parking