Mount Rigi Day Tour from Zurich with Cable Car Tickets and Boat Cruise
Price On Request
Travel from Zurich to the Queen of the Mountains, Mt. Rigi. Enjoy a cable car ride to the summit, hop on Europe's first mountain railway and enjoy the amazing alpine scenery on a boat cruise to Lucerne.
- Any cancellations made after 09:30 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
- 1-hour cruise on Lake Lucerne
- Cable car fee or cogwheel train ticket
- Transportation fee
- English-speaking guide
Min/Max Quantity To Book
- Max Qty: 10 (Maximum tickets can be booked)
- 9 (hrs)
Check In/Pickup Location Details
Arrival by tramway
1. Take tramway no. 4 / 13 / 17 and alight at the stop "Sihlquai / HB".
2. The coach parking is located across the street and the meeting point is a white ticket office marked with "Best of Switzerland Tours" or "Tickets here".
Arrival by train
1. Take a train to Zürich main train station (HB). The departure place is located on the backside of the train station, about 5 – 10 minutes walking distance away.
2. Go to track no. 18. This is the last track on the street level. Walk along the track with the tracks to your left and the street to your right until the street turns to the right. Follow the street to the right and you will see a restaurant called "St. Gallerhof", then Hotel Walhalla and a Starbucks coffee shop.
3. The bus parking is located across the street and the meeting point is a white ticket office marked with "Best of Switzerland Tours" or "Tickets here".
- If less than 5 participants are booked, the activity may not operate.
- You will not be accompanied by a guide on the mountain and on the boat ride.
- During its annual maintenance, the cable car ride will be replaced by the cogwheel train from Arth-Goldau.
- The activity schedule is subject to change or cancellation due to weather or traffic conditions.
- This activity operates regardless of weather.
Dressing & Items to Bring
- A valid government-issued photo ID
- Walking shoes
- Warm clothes
Check-in at Sihlquai Bus Parking
Departure from Zurich
Aerial Cable Car Ride from Weggis
Ride a cozy coach, cross the Albis Pass before passing by the mesmerizing Lake Lucerne on the way to Weggis. Board the cable car to Rigi Kaltbad and soak up the stunning scenery. During its annual maintenance, the cable car ride will be replaced by the cogwheel train from Arth-Goldau.
Arrival at Rigi Kaltbad Station
Board the Train
Change to Europe‘s first ever mountain railway up to Rigi-Kulm (1800m). Be captivated by the incredible postcard-esque view over the Swiss-Midland, the Alps and the 13 lakes. Hike to the top in summer, rent a sled in winter or just enjoy the beauty of the alpine scenery.
Descent by Train to Vitznau
Cruise on the Lake of the Four Cantons
Feel the breeze in your hair as you revel in a relaxing cruise on Lake Lucerne. Make sure to take out your cameras for photos of the exquisite vision.
Arrival in Lucerne
Walk along the medieval streets of the enchanting Old Town and gaze at the famed Kapellbrücke (Chapel Bridge), the Jesuit Church and the Town Hall. Pay a visit to the Swiss Museum of Transport or the Rosengart Museum to see works by Picasso, Paul Klee and more.
Departure to Zurich
Meet with your guide again for the return trip to Zurich.
Check-out at Sihlquai Bus Parking