Jiufen and Pingxi Day Tour from Taipei with Sky Lantern Making Experience
Walk the streets of Jiufen, the town that inspired the Miyazaki animated film classic "Spirited Away". Learn about its history from an experienced miner then make your own sky lantern at Pingxi.
- Any cancellations made between 2 business days (09:00 local time) to 1 business days (09:00 local time) prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 09:00 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
|Adult (Age 13 & Up)||$144|
|Child (Age 3-12)||$125|
|Infant (Age 0-2)||$0|
- 1 Sky Lantern (sharing for 2 people)
- Transportation fee
- English-speaking guide
Min/Max Quantity To Book
- Max Qty: 14 (Maximum tickets can be booked)
- 8 (hrs)
Check In/Pickup Location Details
Guests will be notified of their exact pick-up time and tour guide's contact number two days before departure. Complimentary pick-up service is available in Taipei City hotels only. New Taipei City is not included.
Please be ready to meet with your tour guide at the lobby of the hotel where you stay at least 15 minutes before the designated pick-up time.
- This tour requires a reasonable degree of physical fitness.
- If less than 2 participants are booked, the activity may not operate.
- The activity schedule is subject to change or cancellation due to weather or traffic conditions.
- Japanese speaking guides are available. Please submit your request at the time of booking.
- Transportation during the tour will be by 5-seater sedan, 9-seater van, or a 21-seater minibus depending on the number of passengers.
Dressing & Items to Bring
- Walking shoes
- No high heels
- It usually rains in the Jiufen mountain village. Please bring umbrellas if possible.
Requirement(s) - other
- Handicap services are available upon request. Please indicate upon booking if needed.
|Full Day Tour|
Pick-up from Select Hotels in Taipei
Ruins of the Jinguashi Mines
Meet an experienced Jinguashi miner and proceed to the mine ruins to learn about the history and culture of Jiufen and Jinguashi.
Golden Waterfall, Yin-yang Sea, and View of Jinguashi
Be in for a vibrant display of nature in Jinguashi. Journey to a hidden spot where you can best admire the cascading waters of the Golden Waterfall and the Yin-Yang Sea's swirls of blue and yellow. Then pause for a short break and savor a delicious lunch at your own expense while in Jiufen.
Lantern-Making Experience in Pingxi
Proceed to Shifen Old Street in Pingxi District, where you can give lantern-making a try. Sky lanterns are known to grant hopes and wishes, so don't forget to write yours down on your lantern before releasing it!
Drop-off at Select Hotels in Taipei