Metropolitan Museum of Art Photo Safari & Guided Tour
Step inside of the largest art museum in the U.S. and learn how to capture images of priceless works of art and artifacts like a professional photographer. The Metropolitan Museum of Art is home to more than two million works of art and with 19 departments and galleries, you will not be short of any subjects to photograph. Although there will be amazing artwork to photograph, this photo expedition will also focus on the use of light. The Met features many would-be outdoor spaces that are now encapsulated inside the building. These spaces are beautifully lit by huge skylights and offer a unique opportunity to photograph several diverse architectural elements all in one setting.
- Any cancellations made after 18:00 local time, 4 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
|Adult/Child (Age 12 & Up)||$146|
Min/Max Quantity To Book
- Min Qty: 1 & Max Qty: 6
- 2 (hrs)
Check In/Pickup Location Details
Metropolitan Museum of Art: Located on the corner of 5th Avenue and 82nd Street.
Subway/Bus: Walk to the Front Entrance of the Metropolitan Museum of Art
- From Manhattan's East Side: Subway: Take the 4, 5, or 6 train to 86th Street and walk three blocks west to Fifth Avenue. This walk is about a half mile and takes approximately ten minutes. Bus: Take the M1, M2, M3, or M4 bus along Fifth Avenue (from uptown locations) to 82nd Street or along Madison Avenue (from downtown locations) to 83rd Street.
- From Manhattan's West Side: Take the 1 train to 86th Street, then the M86 crosstown bus across Central Park to Fifth Avenue; OR take the C train to 81st Street, then the M79 bus (free transfer) across Central Park to Fifth Avenue.
- Children 12 years old and above can participate in this activity.
- Participants must be able to comfortably walk through the museum.
- All large bags will need to be checked in at the coat check prior to museum entry.
- The activity provider does not assume any responsibility for your valuables and/or personal belongings.
- The activity schedule is subject to change or cancellation due to weather or traffic conditions.
- Gratuity is not included in the price.
Dressing & Items to Bring
- Walking shoes
- Camera (DSLR, Point and Shoot, Smart Phone Camera, etc)
Requirement(s) - other
- Please call the activity provider the day before to reconfirm your booking. Your voucher has the necessary contact information listed.
|Metropolitan Museum of Art Photo Safari & Guided Tour|
Meet Your Guide In Front of the Met
Metropolitan Museum of Art Photo Safari
Explore one of the most visited art museums in the world, Metropolitan Museum of Art, on this unique photo safari. Visit the museum's many outdoor spaces remarkably lit by dazzling skylights including the American Courtyard, and European Sculpture Court, among others.
Hone Your Skills
Throughout the tour, perfectly utilize light in capturing the best images, learn all about the technique of white balance, and further develop your photography skills.
Check-out at the Met