New York City Gospel Music & Walking Tour
Price On Request
Learn the history of gospel music from Lower Manhattan to Brooklyn. Experience the beautiful and uplifting sounds of a world famous NYC gospel choir. Begin with an exploration of lower Manhattan.. Discover the roots of African-American gospel culture and all that which from gospel music emerged. Then you are off to Brooklyn Heights, with its gorgeous brownstones, historic homes and churches, to view the very church that launched gospel music onto the world stage. At the end of the tour is your chance to experience the music of a Grammy award-winning multicultural choir and listen to their songs of inspiration.
- Any cancellations made after 09:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
- Church service
Min/Max Quantity To Book
- Max Qty: 9 (Maximum tickets can be booked)
- 4 (hrs)
Check In/Pickup Location Details
Wall St - 4 & 5
Rector St - 1 & R
Broadt St - J & Z
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible.
- Children of all ages can participate in this activity.
- Participants must be able to comfortably walk over pavement for an hour or more.
- Gratuity is not included in the price.
- The activity provider does not assume any responsibility for your valuables and/or personal belongings.
- The tour guide has full discretion to refuse service to customers based on attire, behavior, physical fitness and condition.
Dressing & Items to Bring
- Transportation is not included. Please purchase a round-trip Metro Subway card prior to meeting your guide for two stops: Brooklyn Heights and the return home.
- Out of respect for the congregation, please dress appropriately and do not wear flip-flops, tank tops or shorts.
- Printed VELTRA voucher
- Credit card
- A valid government-issued photo ID
- Please note that the credit card used and valid photo ID must be presented upon check-in. The name listed on the credit card must be identical to the contact name listed on booking.
Requirement(s) - other
- Due to church policies, participants who want to sit in the main sanctuary where the choir is performing must stay for the entire two (2) hour service. Participants who would like to leave before the end of the service will have the opportunity to watch the performance via closed circuit screen in the overflow room.
|New York City Gospel Music & Walking Tour|
Check-in at Trinity Church
Meet Your Guide In Front of Trinity Church
Manhattan & Brooklyn Walking Tour
The tour starts with a refreshing walking tour in lower Manhattan as your local guide shares stories about the rich history and culture of African-American gospel in New York City.
Then, transfer to Brooklyn Heights and find yourself surrounded by historic brownstones, homes and churches including the one that introduced gospel music onto the world stage.
Church Service & Gospel Choir Performance
Best of all, end the half-day tour at a local church called the Brooklyn Tabernacle where you can listen to the contemporary gospel music of an Grammy Award-winning multicultural choir.
Check-out at Downtown Brooklyn