Toronto Pork Dish Food Tour with One-Way Tram Ride
Price On Request
Tours not marked Instant booking may take 48 hours of confirmation from supplier. Please book tickets while keeping this time for getting back with confirmation
Discover how Toronto got its name "Hogtown" through a tour that will have you sampling several pork dishes! Visit three local restaurants, ride a tram and head on to a butcher shop, where you can learn about sustainable & ethical farming.
- Any cancellations made after 14:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
- One-way tram ride
- Pork dish sampling (bacon/sausage/pork)
- English-speaking guide
Min/Max Quantity To Book
- Max Qty: 12 (Maximum tickets can be booked)
- 3 (hrs)
- Guests who will arrive late on the specified tour start times will be left behind and will not be entitled to a refund.
- Children 6 years old and above can participate in this activity.
- Guests should be 19 years old and above to consume alcohol during the tour.
- The activity provider does not assume any responsibility for your valuables and/or personal belongings.
- The activity schedule is subject to change or cancellation due to weather or traffic conditions.
- Gratuity is not included in the price.
- The tour guide has full discretion to refuse service to customers based on attire, behavior, physical fitness and condition.
- You will be in a small group of a maximum of twelve (12) people in this tour.
- Drinks and meals are available for purchase
- This tour will be taking a streetcar to cover the longest distance between stops, but everything else will be walking.
- There are no vegetarian or vegan options available and no food substitutions are accepted on this tour.
Dressing & Items to Bring
- Walking shoes
- Please dress in layers, appropriate to the season and time of the day of your tour.
- Sweatshirt / light jacket
Requirement(s) - other
- Please present your printed or e-voucher to your guide at the beginning of the tour.
|Toronto Pork Dish Food Tour with One-Way Tram Ride|
Check-in Outside the Hockey Hall of Fame
St. Lawrence Market
The tour begins in front of Gooderham Flatiron Building. From there, make your way to the market where you will visit a local restaurant for your fist stop. Try out Toronto's signature peameal bacon sandwich and learn tidbits about it. Also, get to know the importance of the market to the city.
Enjoy a tram ride, locally known as a streetcar, going to a fashionable neighborhood in the west end. Travel past entertainment and financial districts and learn more about the significance of pork dishes in the city's culture.
Local Butcher Shop
Expand your knowledge about organic meats and ethical farming. Visit a butcher shop located between King St. West & Queen St. West and learn how they make quality pork products. Don't be shy and ask questions to the staff! Afterwards, visit two more local restaurants in the neighborhood.
More Food Sampling
Sink your teeth into a few more pork dishes. Taste a southern US piggy spin on a classic Canadian dish and a German street food. Discover how the city got influenced by the American and British culture through these and other food items. Complement the food with some craft beer at your own expense.
Check-out at King Street West