Old Beijing Hutongs Private Half Day Tour by Rickshaw
Ride a traditional rickshaw as you explore old Beijing. Stroll along hutongs (alleyways) and see what Beijing was like before tall buildings and skyscrapers. Climb a bell tower overlooking the city! Hutongs are narrow lanes or alleyways that crawl through traditional houses and connect neighborhoods in China. They are most prominent in Beijing. In recent years, these hutongs are fast disappearing, with China's economic growth paving the way for high-rise buildings and apartment complexes. Join this tour for a look at the old city and let a rickshaw ride show you fragments of the past dissolving into the present. Talk to a local family and find out what life in Beijing is like then climb a bell tower to see a bird's-eye view of a community that may soon be swept away by change.
- Any cancellations made between 6 business days (16:00 local time) to 2 business days (16:00 local time) prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 16:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
|Adult/Child (Age 3 & up)||$104 $89*$104 $89*$104 $89*$104 $89*$104 $89*$104 $89*$104|
|Infant (Age 0-2)||$0|
- Rickshaw ride
- Charter fee
- English-speaking guide
Min/Max Quantity To Book
- Max Qty: 7 (Maximum tickets can be booked)
- 07:30, 13:00
- 3 (hrs)
Check In/Pickup Location Details
A local representative will call you or leave a message at your hotel room at about 21:00, one (1) night prior to your tour date to confirm the exact pick-up details.
- Children two (2) years old and under are free, but will need to sit on a parent or guardian's lap if there are no available seats.
- A local representative will call you or leave a message at your hotel room at about 21:00, one (1) night prior to your tour date to confirm the exact pick-up details.
- The activity schedule is subject to change or cancellation due to weather or traffic conditions.
Requirement(s) - other
- Please call the activity provider 24 hours before your activity to reconfirm your booking. Your voucher has the necessary contact information listed.
|Old Beijing Hutongs Private Half Day Tour by Rickshaw|
Pick-up from Select Hotels in Beijing
Get a feel of what life in Beijing is like with a rickshaw ride through its hutongs. Learn more about the stories and traditions that make these communities special. Then, climb a local bell tower for panoramic aerial views of the city.
Meet a Chinese Family
Stop by a house in the area and have the opportunity to get to know a Chinese family. Feel free to ask about how China's economic growth has affected their daily lives as well as their customs and traditions.
Stop for refreshments at a local tea house and appreciate the many faces of China, as you taste local delights and delicacies.
Drop-off at Select Hotels in Beijing