Berlin Walking Tour: The Cold War, Soviet Secrets and CIA Spies
Price On Request
Discover the horrors and secrets of the Cold War on this guided tour that will take you to important Berlin sites such as the "Death Strip", Berlin Wall, and Bernauer Strasse.
- Any cancellations made between 6 business days (10:00 local time) to 2 business days (10:00 local time) prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 10:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
- English-speaking guide
- 4 (hrs)
Check In/Pickup Location Details
Please arrive at the check-in location at least 15 minutes prior to the departure time.
- Children 12 years old and under are only free when accompanied by a paying adult.
Dressing & Items to Bring
- Please bring your Student ID for verification.
Requirement(s) - other
- Fee for any public transport used during the tour is not included in the price. Guests are required to purchase an AB zone card before taking part in the tour. The guide can also assist guests with this purchase upon arrival at the check-in location.
|Half-Day Tour (From April 1, 2020)
Check-in at Friedrichstrasse Station
The Death Strip, Berlin Wall. and Bernauer Strasse
Retrace the horrors of the Cold War as your guide leads you to significant sites during the conflict. Visit the Berlin Wall Memorial at Bernauer Strasse and see where the Death Strips' guard towers and tank traps once stood alongside the Berlin Wall.
Throughout the tour, listen to your guide share stories about the locals' struggles of living "Behind the Wall". Hear about the escape stories of citizens wanting to commit the crime of "flight from the Republic". Learn about tactics of the STASI and GDR.
Check-out at the Vicinity of Alexanderplatz