Berlin Wall and Cold War Bike Tour of Berlin
Price On Request
Trace the path of the former wall as you hear stories of the divide between East and West Germany and life behind the Iron Curtain. Visit the Cold War Watchtower, Stasi Records Agency and more as you learn about Berlin's role in World War II.
- Any cancellations made after 10:00 local time, 3 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
- Beach cruiser or city-style bike
- English-speaking guide
Min/Max Quantity To Book
- Max Qty: 16 (Maximum tickets can be booked)
- 4 (hrs)
- Participants 17 years old and below must be accompanied by an adult.
- If less than 2 participants are booked, the activity may not operate.
- This activity operates regardless of weather.
- Travel insurance is recommended.
- You have the option to keep your bike after the tour at a discounted rate.
- There will be a short stop for refreshments (at your expense) during the tour. Please bring cash if you wish to purchase drinks since many Berlin establishments do not accept credit cards.
Dressing & Items to Bring
- It is recommended to bring an extra layer of clothing in case it gets cold during the tour.
- Closed toe shoes
- Participants who have availed the student price must present a valid school ID.
|Berlin Wall and Cold War Bike Tour of Berlin|
Check-in at the Base of the TV Tower in Alexanderplatz
Begin Your Bike Tour
Witness how the influence of the Cold War still shapes Berlin in many ways today. Observe Berlin's art scene, apparent bohemian lifestyle, street art, and amazing examples of what makes Berlin unique from the other cities.
Cold War Watchtower
Head to the Cold War Watchtower, one of the remaining control towers left in the former death strip of Berlin. Get to know more about these towers from your guide, including their levels and the officials who were assigned to guard them.
Tales of Espionage
Learn interesting facts as your guide recounts numerous stories of espionage by the CIA, KGB, and Stasi that made Berlin one of the physical focal points of the Cold War.
No Man's Land and History of Berlin Wall
See the remaining sections of the Berlin Wall and the breadth of the No man's land. Be amazed at how the land has been creatively reallocated and learn about the full history of the Berlin Wall—why it was built, the historic events that occurred here, and its impact on Berlin.
Check-out at the Base of the TV Tower in Alexanderplatz