Heraklion Back Street Walking Tour with Food Tastings
Price On Request
Discover the glorious tales of the old and new Heraklion on this fascinating 4-hour tour. Stroll around the city streets, visit historical sites and enjoy sampling local treats. Explore the vibrant city of Heraklion and discover its colorful history. Walk along the lesser-known streets and alleys of the city to experience the life of a Crete local. Try out some Greek delights including barley rusks, olives and cheese. Visit historical sites and monuments and savor delicious food in a meze tavern, a local favorite place.
- Any cancellations made after 09:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
- Snacks (refer to the details in the schedule)
- Coffee or soft drinks
- Meze platter
- English-speaking guide
Min/Max Quantity To Book
- Max Qty: 12 (Maximum tickets can be booked)
- 4 (hrs)
Check In/Pickup Location Details
Archaeological Museum, the Astoria Hotel, the Prefecture, and the Gate of Saint George.
- Please indicate any allergies (if applicable) to certain kinds of food upon booking.
- The tour will go ahead in all weather conditions. However, if cancelled due to extreme circumstances, your leader will contact you to move your tour to another day. You will be informed via email or local contact number.
- This tour operates with a maximum of 12 people.
Dressing & Items to Bring
- Walking shoes
Requirement(s) - other
- Please present your voucher to the local guide at the beginning of the tour.
|Heraklion Back Street Walking Tour with Food Tastings|
Check-in at Elephtherias Square
Streets of Heraklion with Food Tasting
Walk along the city's streets and neighborhoods to experience life as a Heraklion local. Walk through a local market to taste delicious barley rusks, olives and cheese. Enjoy a freshly brewed cup of traditional coffee as you savor these local delights.
Fortifications of Heraklion
Climb on top of Heraklion’s great Venetian wall, the longest fortification wall in Europe! See how it separates the old from the new city and gaze on the city's best views from a different perspective.
Nikos Kazantzakis Monument
Visit the tomb and monument of the Greek writer Nikos Kazantzakis, known for his works like "Zorba the Greek". Learn about his life and find out why he is known as the "son of Crete" from your guide.
25th of August Street
Stroll along this pedestrian street and admire some of the city's major attractions, including St. Titus Cathedral and the Morosini Fountain, situated in the center of the city.
Complete your tour at a local hot spot and indulge in a delicious meze platter. Take a sip of tavern specialties, raki and tsikoudia, two famous alcoholic drinks in the city.
Tour Ends at the Venetian Port