Iceland South Coast Day Tour from Reykjavík with Solheimajokull Glacier Hike
Price On Request
Journey to South Iceland on this guided sightseeing tour from Reykjavík,. Visit farming lands, black sand beaches, thundering waterfalls, powerful volcanoes and majestic glaciers!
- Any cancellations made after 08:00 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
- Glacier gear rental
- Transportation fee
- English-speaking guide
- 11 (hrs)
Check In/Pickup Location Details
Transportation by bus is prohibited in central Reykjavik. Therefore, the complimentary pick-up and drop-off services are only available to major hotels in the city center. Please see the PDF file for the complete list of hotels with direct pick-up services.
If you are staying in a hotel that is not included in the list, please proceed to the nearest designated bus stop to your accommodations. Please check the details of the bus stops on the official site: http://www.busstop.is/
- Children 10 years old and above can participate in this activity.
- The activity schedule is subject to change or cancellation due to weather or traffic conditions.
- If cancellation occurs due to bad weather conditions, a visit to the Skogar museum and Vik village is offered.
- Views of Eyjafjallajökull glacier and Hekla Volcano are subjected to weather conditions.
- Please check the details of the bus stops on the official site: http://www.busstop.is/
Dressing & Items to Bring
- Warm outdoor clothing
- Waterproof jacket and pants
- Head wear
- Hiking shoes
Requirement(s) - other
- Participants are required to sign a liability waiver at the time of check-in.
|Iceland South Coast Day Tour from Reykjavík with Solheimajokull Glacier Hike|
Pick-up at Designated Bus Stops or Specific Hotels in Central Reykjavik
Depart from Reykjavik
Seljalandsfoss Waterfall and Solheimajokull Glacier Hike
Get the chance to go behind the surging water of Seljalandsfoss waterfall. Also, take an easy hike on the ancient ice of Solheimajokull glacier with a knowledgeable and certified glacier guide.
Reynisfjara Black Beach
Take a leisurely stroll along the black sand beach of Reynisfjara with its famous basalt columns and caves. See the Reynisdrangar cliffs, basalt rock stacks that rise from the sea. Icelandic legends say they are mischievous trolls turned into rocks by the rising sun.
Stop at the Skogafoss waterfall. There, you can walk up its sides to gain a bird's-eye view of the cascading water and rainbows. Drive in the foothills of Eyjafjallajökull and, on clear days, catch a glimpse of the Westman Islands and an excellent view of the Eyjafjallajokull and Hekla volcanoes.
Tour Ends in Reykjavik