Iceland South Coast Full Day Tour from Reykjavik
Price On Request
Tours not marked Instant booking may take 48 hours of confirmation from supplier. Please book tickets while keeping this time for getting back with confirmation
Hop on a comfortable bus for a scenic drive along Iceland's South Coast, one of the country's most beautiful regions. Stop along the way to see the majestic Seljalandsfoss and Skogafoss waterfalls.
- Any cancellations made after 09:00 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
- Free WiFi on-board
- Transportation fee
- English-speaking guide
- 10 (hrs)
Check In/Pickup Location Details
Transportation by bus is prohibited in central Reykjavik. Therefore, the complimentary pick-up and drop-off services are only available to major hotels in the city center. Please see the PDF file for the complete list of hotels with direct pick-up services.
Pickup point: BSÍ Bus Terminal
Location Address: Vatnsmýrarvegi 10, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
If you are staying at a hotel that is not included in the list, please check the attached PDF to see the nearest designated bus stop where you can be picked up, or go directly to the activity provider's main departure point at BSI Bus Terminal.
- The activity schedule is subject to change or cancellation due to weather or traffic conditions.
- The tour is available in the following languages: • English - Daily • German - Fridays • French - Wednesdays • Scandinavian - Tuesdays
- See the PDF file for the complete list of hotels with direct pick-up services.
- If your accommodation is not included in the list of hotels with direct pick-up, please join the tour from one of the designated pick-up points. You can find the nearest bus stop on the map in the attached file.
- Please be ready for pick-up at least 30 minutes before departure.
- Visit this link to see complete information on the pick-locations: https://www.re.is/pick-up-locations.
- For a complete list of the bus stops, please refer to the official site: http://www.busstop.is/
Dressing & Items to Bring
- A valid government-issued photo ID
- Walking shoes
- You may bring a raincoat for the waterfall visit.
- Printed VELTRA voucher
Requirement(s) - other
- Icelandic laws require small children to be secured in a car seat during land travel. Car seats for children weighing 9 to 18 kg (approximately 1 to 4 years old) are available for rent upon request.
- Please present your VELTRA voucher at the bus stop or upon boarding the bus to redeem your ticket.
|Iceland South Coast Full Day Tour from Reykjavik|
Pick-up at Designated Bus Stops or Specific Hotels in Central Reykjavik
Start of the South Coast Adventure
Join this full-day tour that is perfect for nature lovers. Travel along the south coast of Iceland, one of the country's most scenic regions, aboard a comfortable bus. Visit great waterfalls and the quaint village of Vik and find yourself surrounded by beautiful bird cliffs.
Lava Center in Hvolsvollur
Stop by the interactive Lava Centre for a short break to buy some snacks and fill up for the rest of the trip. Spend this time to make use of the facilities in this volcano and earthquake exhibition center.
The next stop is the majestic Skogafoss waterfall which boasts of an impressive 60-meter drop. You might recognize this beauty from hit movies, as this is the very place where characters like Thor and Walter Mitty filmed some memorable scenes.
Reynisfjara Black Sand Beach and Reynisdrangar
Sink your feet in the beautiful black sand of Reynisfjara Beach and find natural column-pyramid cliffs where puffins and other exotic birds live! See basalt sea stacks called Reynisdrangar and feel like an adventurer in the dreamlike views of glaciers, black coastline and unique rock formations.
Solheimajokull Glacier and Seljalandsfoss Waterfall
See the Solheimajokull glacier and its nearby lake, then head to the Seljalandsfoss waterfall, which is part of Seljandsa River. Get a chance to walk behind the raging water to see the paradise-like scenery from the other side of the falls—an amazing view that would make for a surreal experience!
Drop-off at Designated Bus Stops or Specific Hotels in Central Reykjavik