Snaefellsnes National Park and Djupalonssandur Tour from Reykjavik
Price On Request
Tours not marked Instant booking may take 48 hours of confirmation from supplier. Please book tickets while keeping this time for getting back with confirmation
Explore the Snaefellsnes Peninsula and discover Iceland's finest sights in one day! Discover the picturesque Kirkjufell mountain, the Arnarstapi village and more!
- Any cancellations made after 08:00 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
- Transportation fee
- English-speaking guide
- 11 (hrs)
Check In/Pickup Location Details
Please refer to the PDF to see the corresponding bus stops of the hotels in Central Reykjavik.
Please check the details of the bus stops on the official site: http://www.busstop.is/
- In addition to English, the tours are also available in the following languages: - German: Mondays - Mandarin: Fridays
- You may check the location of each bus stop at this website: https://busstop.is/
- The activity schedule is subject to change or cancellation due to weather conditions. If tours get cancelled before the start time, the activity provider may inform you directly through your local phone number.
Requirement(s) - other
- Please call the activity provider 24 hours before your activity to reconfirm your booking. Your voucher has the necessary contact information listed.
|Snaefellsnes National Park and Djupalonssandur Tour from Reykjavik|
Pick-up from Designated Bus Stops in Reykjavík
Drive west from Reykjavik on a scenic route to Borgarfjordur and the village of Borgarnes where the tour will stop for refreshments. Upon arrival at Ytri-Tunga Farm, get the chance to spot seals and a variety of sea birds at the beach.
Go for a walk through the extraordinary landscape along the precipitous shoreline where you can savor a delightful lunch meal at your own expense.
Explore the black-pebbled beach of Djupalonssandur. Admire the beautiful views from the shore and hear about its fascinating history.
Continue to the fishing village of Grundarfjorour in the northern coast of the peninsula. Here you can find the most iconic and photographed landmarks of Snaefellsnes, the Kirkjufell Mountain, a symmetrical mountain that rises 1,500 feet from the shoreline.
Berserkjahraun Lava Fields
According to Viking legends, two Swedish 'Berserks' forged Iceland‘s first road and over to the south side of the peninsula through Vatnaleio pass. On the way, stop by a viewpoint where you can stroll down to see a majestic view of a waterfall.
Tour Ends in Reykjavík