Snorkeling Tour in Silfra Fissure from Reykjavík
Price On Request
Head to the Silfra fissure and go on a snorkeling adventure unlike any other. This is the only place in the world where you can snorkel between tectonic plates! Then explore the clear glacial waters of Langjokull!
- Any cancellations made after 09:00 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
- Silfra admission fee
- Certified PADI dive guide
- Hot chocolate and cookies
- Snorkeling equipment (snorkel, mask & fins)
- 08:30, 12:00
- 5 (hrs)
Check In/Pickup Location Details
Transportation by bus is prohibited in central Reykjavik. The complimentary pick-up and drop-off services are only available to select hotels in the city center. If you are staying in a hotel that is not included in the list, please proceed to the nearest designated bus stop to your accommodation.
Please check the details of the bus stops on the official site: http://www.busstop.is/
- Please take note of the medical conditions listed on page 4 of this file and fill out before joining the tour:
- If you mark YES on any of the questions in Section 1 of the medical form, then you will not be able to participate in the snorkeling adventure. If you mark YES on any of the questions in Section 2, you will need to get your Physician’s approval and signature on this approval form.
- Guests who are pregnant are not permitted to participate in this activity.
- Guests must be at least 5 ft (150 cm) to participate in this activity.
- Guests must be at least 99 lbs (45 kg) to participate in this activity.
- Guests must be below 265 lbs (120 kg) to participate in this activity.
- Guests must know how to swim to participate in this activity.
- Children 12 years old and above can participate in this activity.
- Guests must be below 6 ft 7 in (200 cm) to participate in this activity.
- If less than 2 participants are booked, the activity may not operate.
- Guests with Raynaud syndrome are not allowed to snorkel at Silfra.
- You will be wearing a snorkeling mask while in the water and you won’t be able to wear your glasses underneath. So unless you are bringing your own prescription mask, it is recommended that you acquire contact lenses for your snorkeling tour.
- The temperature in the Silfra is almost constant all year round at about 2°C.
- You will be offered the opportunity of having your picture taken whilst enjoying the wonders of Silfra. You can purchase the photos from the tour on site for 3900 ISK. Cards and cash accepted.
- Please check the details of the bus stops on the official site: http://www.busstop.is/
- If you have chosen to start the activity at 10:00, 11:00, 13:30 or 14:00, please go straight to the meet up location. Pick-up is only available for the 09:00 (08:30 pick-up) and 12:00 (11:30 pick-up) start times.
Dressing & Items to Bring
- Change of clothes
- Winter fleece / sweater
- Warm undergarments
Requirement(s) - other
- Participants are required to sign a liability waiver at the time of check-in.
|Snorkeling Tour in Silfra Fissure from Reykjavík|
Pick-up at Select Reykjavik Hotels or Bus Stops
This is an exotic trip in a glacial environment most will only encounter in their dreams. The clear waters offer a unique experience as you swim between continental plates. The slow current creates the perfect pace to explore this beautiful area. Also, the fresh water visibility is unparalleled!
Tour Ends in Reykjavik