Solheimajokull Glacier Hiking and Ice Climbing Day Tour from Reykjavik
Price On Request
Journey to Iceland's South Coast to try ice climbing and glacier hiking with experienced guides. Visit the frozen glacial tongue that is Solheimajokull and its ever-changing frozen waters.
- Any cancellations made after 12:30 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
- Glacier hike
- Optional introduction to ice climbing
- Glacier hiking gear
- Safety equipment
- Accredited English-speaking guide
- 11 (hrs)
Check In/Pickup Location Details
Transportation by bus is prohibited in central Reykjavik. The complimentary pick-up and drop-off services are only available to select hotels in the city center. If you are staying in a hotel that is not included in the list, please proceed to the nearest designated bus stop to your accommodation.
Please check the details of the bus stops on the official site: http://www.busstop.is/
- People 14 years old and above can participate in this activity.
- Travel insurance is recommended.
- This small group tour has a limit of 8 participants per guide.
- In the darkest months, from the 16th of November until the 31st of January, there will not be a stop at Skogafoss due to limited daylight. However, the Skogafoss can still be viewed from the bus.
Dressing & Items to Bring
- Warm outdoor clothing
- Waterproof jacket and pants
- Head wear
- Hiking shoes
Requirement(s) - other
- Participants are required to sign a liability waiver at the time of check-in.
|Solheimajokull Glacier Hiking and Ice Climbing Day Tour from Reykjavik|
Pick-up at Designated Bus Stops or Specific Hotels in Central Reykjavík
Depart from Reykjavík
Glacial Hike on Solheimajokull
Explore the crevasse riddled outlet glacier with its amazing ice formations, sink holes and jagged ridges accompanied by an experienced glacier guide. Along the way, find an ice wall on the glacier and try your hand at ice climbing.
Seljalandsfoss and Skogafoss Waterfall
Take in the magnificent views of the Icelandic countryside on your return trip to Reykjavik. Gaze at the stunning Seljalandsfoss and the Skogafoss waterfall, where rainbows often appear on sunny days.
Tour Ends in Reykjavik