Colosseum and Vatican Semi-Private Tour with Sistine and St. Peter's Basilica
Price On Request
Combine a semi-private Rome and Vatican tour and save money! Gaze at ruins and masterpieces in a group of 8 or less and avoid the queues with skip-the-line Colosseum, St. Peter's Basilica and Vatican Museums tickets. Combine a Rome and Vatican tour and get savings! Get a personalized experience as you explore the ancient ruins of Rome and the Renaissance artworks of the Vatican Museums in a semi-private tour. Bypass the queues with skip-the-line Colosseum tickets and retrace the zenith of the Roman Empire. See the Ancient Forum, Palatine Hill, and Constantine’s Arch! Resume your day with a Vatican Museums tour, skipping the long lines and seeing magnificent works of art. Revel in the timeless frescoes with Sistine Chapel tickets and soak in the sights using skip-the-line St. Peter's Basilica tickets.
- Any cancellations made between 7 business days (08:45 local time) to 3 business days (08:45 local time) prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 08:45 local time, 3 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
- Skip-the-line Colosseum ticket
- Skip-the-line Vatican Museum ticket
- Skip-the-line St. Peter's Basilica ticket
- English-speaking guide
Min/Max Quantity To Book
- Max Qty: 8 (Maximum tickets can be booked)
- 8 (hrs)
Check In/Pickup Location Details
Pickup point: Entrance to the Vatican Museums
Location Address: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, Rome, Italy
The meeting point of the Vatican Museums tour (13:00) is outside the entrance to the Vatican Museums.
Your tour guide will be waiting holding a sign and the name of the tour written on it.
- Please note that rucksacks are not allowed inside Colosseum, Ancient Forum and Vatican Museums.
- If less than 2 participants are booked, the activity may not operate.
- The tour is not fully wheelchair accessible. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
- The activity schedule is subject to change or cancellation due to weather or traffic conditions.
- Please note that you can take the tours on two separate days.
- At times, one of the attractions included might be closed without notice. No refunds are available as these events are beyond our control.
- This tour is eligible for the VELTRA free cancellation policy. You can book this tour and still keep your travel plans open. If you change your mind, VELTRA guarantees no penalty fees for cancellations made up to 24 hours before your tour date. Please refer to the pdf below for the terms and conditions.
- To guarantee an exclusive experience, this tour operates at a maximum of 8 participants.
Dressing & Items to Bring
- Walking shoes
- Please note that shorts or sleeveless tops are not allowed in the St. Peter’s Basilica.
Requirement(s) - other
- Please call the activity provider 48 hours before your activity to reconfirm your booking. Your voucher has the necessary contact information listed.
|Colosseum and Vatican Semi-Private Tour with Sistine and St. Peter's Basilica|
Check-in Outside the Colosseum Underground Station
Head to Rome's Colosseum where you can skip the long queues with your fast-track tickets. With your guide, learn how the building was created for over 50,000 spectators and about the games hosted here.
This triumphant arch was built to mark Constantine I’s victory at the Battle of Milvian Bridge. Learn how it went on to influence Baroque artists in Rome and the function of the other arches around the city.
Understand the heart of Rome as your guide leads you through the ancient Forum and main city squares. Learn about the history of Ancient Rome from its beginnings, the Roman Republic and the glory days of the Roman Empire.
Continue to Palatine Hill, the central-most hill in Rome and one of the most ancient parts of the city. Stand 40 meters above the Forum Romanum and look down to Circus Maximus. Also, see a spectacular view of the city.
End of Ancient Roman Tour
Free Time for Lunch (At Your Own Expense)
After your illuminating tour of Ancient Rome, get a much-deserved break to grab a hearty lunch at your own expense. Make sure to ask your guide for recommendations for tasty eats.
Start of Vatican Tour
Marvel at the massive collection of art built up by the many Popes of the Vatican. The significant collection includes some of the most renowned sculptures and masterpieces of Renaissance art in the world.
Proceed to Sistine Chapel where your guide will tell you about its transformation from a chapel into one of the world’s most important artistic creations. Hear about the conflict between two key figures of the Renaissance: Michelangelo and Pope Julius II.
St. Peter’s Basilica
Lastly, enter the St. Peter’s Basilica, deemed to be the most famous work of Renaissance architecture and largest church in the world. Discover the Basilica's history from your guide and see Bernini’s Papal canopy and Michelangelo’s Pieta.
Tour Ends at St. Peter's Basilica