Miyajima Mount Misen Hiking Tour with English-Speaking Guide
Enjoy a scenic hike up Mount Misen for a panoramic view of Miyajima island and the Seto inland sea. Learn about the regional history as head up to the shrine that was built over 1,200 years ago. Explore the natural wonders of Mt. Misen as you make your way up the 535-meter high path with a local guide. Hike up the path surrounded by lush greens as you pass by large rocks indicating distance and small Jizo God statues. Enjoy the view from the summit before paying a visit to the historical Miyama Shrine for a day of nature and fun in Hiroshima with a certified guide of Miyajima.
- Any cancellations made between 2 business days (23:59 local time) to 1 business days (23:59 local time) prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 23:59 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
|Adult (Age 12 & Up)||$163|
- English-speaking guide
Min/Max Quantity To Book
- Min Qty: 2 & Max Qty: 6
- 5 (hrs)
Check In/Pickup Location Details
Pick-ups at Miyajima Pier is only available for those arriving by ferry.
Exact time and location of your pick-up will be provided once your tour has been confirmed.
- Guests who are pregnant are not permitted to participate in this activity.
- Children 12 years old and above can participate in this activity.
- Guests with chronic diseases or who have undergone mass surgery must inform the tour operator at the time of booking.
- Smoking is not allowed during the hike.
- The activity schedule is subject to change or cancellation due to weather or traffic conditions.
Dressing & Items to Bring
- Bottled water
- Comfortable clothing
- Long pants (jeans are not recommended.) / Trekking shoes or shoes that are suited for mountain climbing / Something sweet (candy or chocolate)
- Additional fare of JPY 1,000 is needed on site for the Miyajima ropeway.
|Miyajima Mount Misen Hiking Tour with English-Speaking Guide|
Pick-up at Select Locations in Miyajima or Check-in at Omoto Shrine
Discover the history and culture of Miyajima through your hike up Mt. Misen. Pass by stone Buddhas and massive rocks marking the distance of your route. Along the way, you will have great photo opportunities at the observatory.
Upon reaching the top, enjoy the panoramic scenery from above! Take a break with some lunch while enjoying the view of Miyajima and the Seto inland sea.
Pay a visit to the Miyama shrine that was said to be built over 1,200 years ago. In addition to the Miyama shrine, see the holy flame at Reikado that houses a flame that has not gone out for over 1,200 years and is the source of the flame at the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park.
Descend the Mountain
Your guide will select the optimal route to go down the mountain and is subject to change according to the season, physical condition, and the crowd condition. For those who wish to stop by the Daishoin temple may do so as well.
Tour Ends at Momijidani Station or Other Suggested Areas by the Guide