Kyoto Arashiyama and Miyama Full-Day Private Taxi Tour
Discover Kyoto's peaceful countryside with visits to the bamboo grove of Arashiyama in the morning and the thatched roof village of Miyama in the afternoon. Spend time experiencing local suburban life and enjoy a Japanese lunch.
- Any cancellations made between 7 business days (00:00 local time) to 1 business days (00:00 local time) prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 20% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made between 1 business days (00:00 local time) to 1 business days (00:00 local time) prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 40% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 23:59 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
- Private taxi charter fee
- Cooking experience
- Admission to the Miyama Folk Museum
- English-speaking guide at Miyama
- Japanese-speaking driver
Min/Max Quantity To Book
- Min Qty: 4 & Max Qty: 9
- 8 (hrs)
Check In/Pickup Location Details
The exact time and location of your pick-up will be provided once your tour has been confirmed.
- Please understand that the homes in Miyama are actual residences and shops used by the locals. The local home you will be visiting may not be a thatched-roof house or may not be in the thatched roof village. However, the host will do their best to make you feel comfortable and help you enjoy the local life.
- The activity schedule is subject to change or cancellation due to weather or traffic conditions.
- Please note that the driver will not join you while you explore Arashiyama. Feel free to go around on your own.
- The driver can speak Japanese only. English guidance is available during your time in Miyama only.
|Kyoto Arashiyama and Miyama Full-Day Private Taxi Tour|
Pick-up at Select Hotels in Central Kyoto City
Depart from Hotel
Beat the crowds and enjoy the serene atmosphere of the bamboo grove in Arashiyama. Take your time to explore the area including Kameyama Park and the beautiful wooden Togetsukyo Bridge that extends across the Katsura River.
Drive out on a comfortable taxi to the quaint thatched roof village, around 90 minutes from central Kyoto.
Visit a local home to spend time with a local Japanese family. Experience a bit of the Japanese suburban life by making rolled sushi, miso soup, red bean rice cakes and other tasty seasonal treats.
Take a stroll through the peaceful town with iconic thatched roof houses. Known to be a beautiful village surrounded by mountains and lesser known than the famed Shirakawa-go or Hida-Takayama, discover the seasonal wonders of Miyama with an English-speaking guide.
Before returning to Kyoto, take your time to shop at the Miyama Fureai no Hiroba rest stop where you can find some great gifts or souvenirs to take home!
Drop-off at Select Hotels in Central Kyoto City