Kyoto Nishiki Market Food Tour with 7-Course Lunch & English-Speaking Guide
Walk through Nishiki Market, also known as the "kitchen of Kyoto." Sample fresh delicacies in one of the richest culinary atmospheres in the world and gain in-depth knowledge on how to prepare them. Stop by the delightful Nishiki Market, 12 family-owned food stalls in "Kyoto's Kitchen" and taste specialty products like the world's smoothest sashimi tofu known as "Yuba" and Macha Warabi Mochi, a special traditional dessert covered in ground tea leaves. Learn about the history of the market while you sample its delicious food and discover the secrets on how it has kept up its amazing atmosphere for generations.
- Any cancellations made between 7 business days (21:00 local time) to 4 business days (21:00 local time) prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 21:00 local time, 4 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
|Adult (Age 13 & up)||$278 $557*$278|
|Child (Age 3-12)||$139|
- Japanese tea
- Local Pickles / Local food sampling including seafood, fish cakes, tofu / Dried fruit tasting / Dessert
- English-speaking guide
Min/Max Quantity To Book
- Max Qty: 8 (Maximum tickets can be booked)
- 3 (hrs)
Check In/Pickup Location Details
Please make sure to allow enough time for check-in. The tour will not wait for customers who are more than ten minutes late.
Train Station Access: From the Hankyu train line, get off at Kawaramachi Station and take exit 9.
- Additional meals and drinks not listed in the inclusions is not included in the tour fare.
- If you arrive more than 10 minutes late after your meeting time, you will not be able to join the tour.
- Guests who do not show up for the tour or who arrive late do not qualify for a refund. Please check the cancellation policy below for further information.
- Please note that VELTRA and the tour provider will not be liable for any theft or loss of property, as well as bodily harm or injury. Please exercise due caution.
- Please note that dietary issues, allergies and cross-contact are not well-known or common in Japan, so many restaurants are not equipped to handle these issues. The tour operator and its partners make every effort to meet allergy and dietary requests, but please be aware that there is no guarantee these requests can be met in full. Please refer to the FAQ for Japanese translations for common food allergies.
- Emergency Phone Numbers: Ambulance: 119 (simple English should be okay) Medical emergencies in Tokyo: Tokyo Metropolitan Medical Information Service: +81 (0)3 5285 8181 English assistance: 9 am - 8 pm Medical emergencies in Kansai (including Osaka and Kyoto): AMDA International Medical Information Centre KANSAI: +81 (0)6-6636-2333 English assistance: 9 am - 5 pm
- Emergency Phone Numbers: Outside of Tokyo & Kansai: Japan Helpline: +81 (0)120-461-997 or +81 (0)570-000-911 English assistance 24h Other useful numbers: https://www.jhelp.com/en/jhlp.html
Dressing & Items to Bring
- Walking shoes
|Kyoto Nishiki Market Food Tour with 7-Course Lunch & English-Speaking Guide|
Meet Outside Lacoste Kawaramachi
Spend the morning strolling around Nishiki Market with your English-speaking guide. Sample delicacies like tsukemono (pickled vegetables), yuba (tofu skin), kamaboko (fish cake), tako (octopus), matcha warabi mochi (green tea-flavored rice cake) and much more!
Enjoy a delicious Kyoto-style lunch of fish and seafood as well as interesting egg dishes and special seasonings.
Tour Ends in Nishiki Market